cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RickAtKnowWare
Active Contributor

Make it easier to hang up!

When I am on the GoTo phone app, particularly on my computer, I am frequently multi-tasking, or looking something up relating to the call I'm on. When I'm done with the call, by that time the GoTo App, and the phone window are no longer on top and visible on my screen. I can find the GoTo Icon on the task bar and click it, but this does not bring up the phone window. I have to click on the phone tab and then find the current call on the screen and click that, and then I am able to hang up the phone, but IDEALLY when I bring the GoTo app back up, the current call should be immediately visible and noticeable on the screen so I can hang up. 

This is a subtle User Experience issue, and not necssarily easy to fix programmatically, because it's not a technically a "bug", but it would go a long way to make the app more pleasant to use. It's embarrasing when you are done with a call and have said "goodbye", and can't find a way to hang up the phone!

2 REPLIES 2
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Make it easier to hang up!

Hi @RickAtKnowWare, welcome to the community.

Have you had a chance to look at our new Softphone experience for the desktop? It allows you to pop out the dial pad and pin it on top for easy access. Also, in the desktop GoTo App Settings you can enable Keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl+Backspace to hang up a call.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
RickAtKnowWare
Active Contributor

Re: Make it easier to hang up!

Thanks. That helps!