cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexnuno
Active Contributor

Outgoing Desktop/Web App Calls redirect to Desk Phone/Mobile Device

Hi there!

Currently have myself and a user who are experiencing this issue. 

When we try to dial out to anyone on the desktop app, the call is then redirected (flipped?) to either our Desk Phone, and/or Mobile phone. The redirect makes it seem like our target number is calling US, and when we pick up, it begins to dial the intended recipient. 

I can't find any setting, or option that may be doing this and this practically defeats the purpose of the Desktop App. Has anyone seen this before? And how did you fix it if so?

The GoTo App is up to date and I tried both the new soft phone and old one. This also happens on the web version of GoTo.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Outgoing Desktop/Web App Calls redirect to Desk Phone/Mobile Device

@alexnuno apologies for the delay here. It appears you are on the wrong calling mode - Click to Call mode instead of regular call mode. 

On the bottom left on the app select the one that says ext number on Softphone instead of on device model. 

Screenshot 2023-10-09 142520.png

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KateG
GoTo Moderator

@alexnuno apologies for the delay here. It appears you are on the wrong calling mode - Click to Call mode instead of regular call mode. 

On the bottom left on the app select the one that says ext number on Softphone instead of on device model. 

Screenshot 2023-10-09 142520.png

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
alexnuno
Active Contributor

Thank you! This was indeed it. Sorry for the delayed response. I wonder why it was set that way... One would imagine that calling from the softphone would default to actually dialing out from that same softphone. I suppose that's how it goes. Now I know!

Thank you again!