cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WFI
Active Contributor

Super Admin Can't Text

All the other super admins can text but our accounting lady says its saying SMS messaging is disabled for your PBX user. 

Shes a super admin like me and I can text and see txts, but she cant? any idea?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Super Admin Can't Text

Hi @WFI welcome to the GoTo Community. 

Can you ensure that the settings are set up for her? Thanks

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
mkeaton
Contributor

I had to make myself an agent to test. I con confirm that Admins of the chat queue aren't given an open to resolve or respond to text msgs otherwise.

mkeaton
Contributor

@KateG  - Can you please look into this? As its stands now I had to assign myself as an agent to resolve texts in the chat queue. When I remove myself as an agent the section to get to the "chat conversations" disappears and there was no way to get there other than making myself an agent to resolve the text.

Is this intended? I wish we could post screenshots but you guys turned that off? " You do not have permission to upload images." is what I get when I try to and it would be helpful so you guys can see what  we are talking about. This is also something easily reproducible.

Thank you, Melissa

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @mkeaton nice to see you around. 

To understand the issue correctly, admins can not respond to texts, but agents can? 

Also, we made a change in the settings, can you try and post your screenshot again? Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks. 

mkeaton
Contributor

@KateG  - Yup that is correct. If I remove myself as an agent the section "chat conversations" is inaccessible.

mkeaton_1-1696006364969.png

After I remove my agent access:

mkeaton_2-1696006575152.png

I clicked everything I could click and you just cant get to the conversation, I can't assign myself - only allows me to assign agents (there aren't any)

Thank you!! Screenshots can be worth a 1000 words 😃

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@mkeaton  agree, screenshots are so helpful!

I checked with the team and learned this is intended behavior. Sorry I don't have better news, I will certainly share your experience with the team. 

mkeaton
Contributor

@KateG  I think its ok,  long as we aren't getting charged for a license (and we aren't!).  We are only using this function to notify people texting that we don't allow text msgs at this time and to call.. 😃

Thank you for checking on this!