cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DSchell
New Contributor

email address in Messages

Hi,

I had to do a chat with a tech support person and was using the Messaging feature of the GoTo computer app.

Every time I tried to include my email address in the text, I got the error "Failed to send".  I eventually figured out that it was the email address and tried xxx which went through.  Then I had to explain to the tech on the other end how to turn it back into an email address.

Is this a know issue?  Is there a better way to avoid the problem?

Thanks,

David.

moderator edit: removed personal info

3 REPLIES 3
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: email address in Messages

Hi @DSchell welcome to the GoTo Commmunity. 

Thanks for sharing your experience. I don't know of an issue with email addresses, but It may be due to a bandwidth issue. Can you share the date and time when this happened, if we check the logs it may show what has occurred. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
DSchell
New Contributor

Hi Kate,

Sure thing.  I tried a text 11/27 at 8:20 am and then I tried again at 8:38 am.  (from extension 8370, DiD= 505.357.3956.)  It was like 1 sentence with my email address.  The error I got was “Failed to send” and when I click on that it say ‘you may be trying to send too many messages.’  But that it was the first message I had tried to send in weeks.  I sent a much longer text without the email address and that when thru but they still needed my email address.  So I tried just sending that and it failed with the same message as well.

The only other thing I see is that I was texting to an 800 number (Samsung’s tech support).

Thanks,

David.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@DSchell thanks for the follow-up and further information. I am sharing this report and information with the team. I'll update the thread if I learn further. If you continue to experience this, please let me know. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training