cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RichD
Active Contributor

Outlook plugin not showing installed, but still in outlook.

I have a user who every time she opens a blank meeting window the goto screen pops up asking her to logon. This is a new comptuer, did not install Goto Connect or the Goto Outlook addon.  Read it could be an issue with webview2. Did a repair as there was no option to uninstall. Searched the users profile folder and removed any mention of Goto, I even manually cleared some thins from the registry.

The user does not want the goto window popping up ever time she opens a new meeting window. Any thoughts on this. Most of our users do not have logons for Goto Connect or the outlook plugin.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichD
Active Contributor

Re: Outlook plugin not showing installed, but still in outlook.

@KateG alas that did not work either. after that not working, in the meeting window I hit File > Options and then skimmed thru the options then I saw this.   Calendar options, I see the Add online meeting to all meetings. Clicked the button and Goto was selected. Changed to Teams and that was the fix. I STILL Do not understand how Goto had its hooks in outlook when nothing was installed.

RichD_0-1685123314603.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @RichD welcome to the GoTo Community. Checking internally around the issue of Outlook constantly asking someone to sign in the following steps are advised: 

1. Uninstall the GoToMeeting Outlook Plugin (sounds like you have already tried this) 
  2. Delete this registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\LogMeIn\GoToMeeting\OutlookAddIn
  3. Reinstall the GoToMeeting Outlook Plugin

Can you let me know if this helps? Thanks. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
RichD
Active Contributor

Here is what I have done so far

I will try the key you mentioned below

RichD
Active Contributor

Hello,

I looked and that Regkey was not even there. Like I said, there is no signs of it even being installed, except, it popping up when the user opens a blank meeting.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@RichD Can you try checking this? The plugin used to create a 2.0 folder that would work as an installation path, once deleted it would get rid of it. 
  1. Close all Outlook windows
  2. Hold the Windows key and press R to open the Run window (bottom left)
  3. Type in %localappdata%\apps
  4. Click OK
  5. Delete folder named 2.0
  • Note: If an access denied or other permission error is seen, reboot the computer and try to delete again.

RichD
Active Contributor

@KateG alas that did not work either. after that not working, in the meeting window I hit File > Options and then skimmed thru the options then I saw this.   Calendar options, I see the Add online meeting to all meetings. Clicked the button and Goto was selected. Changed to Teams and that was the fix. I STILL Do not understand how Goto had its hooks in outlook when nothing was installed.

RichD_0-1685123314603.png

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@RichD I'm not sure how this happened either. Thanks for sharing your solution!