cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JJsailor
New Contributor

Virtual Background stutter and fuzziness

I am using a high quality Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam. When using it without a background, the picture is sharp and clear and motion is pretty smooth. If I use a green screen with one of the installed virtual backgrounds (GoTo background), I get the 'melting man' effect where part of my body fades in and out or a 'halo' appears. I am using excellent lighting in front and to the side. Same setup as when I had a Zoom account, and there it worked perfectly. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Virtual Background stutter and fuzziness

Hi @JJsailor welcome to the GoTo Community. We know that native virtual backgrounds are important to our customers and we are always working on improving performance. Thanks for sharing your experience, we will pass this on to the team. One recommendation is to try the blur option, which tends to be less distracting to other attendees.

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @JJsailor welcome to the GoTo Community. We know that native virtual backgrounds are important to our customers and we are always working on improving performance. Thanks for sharing your experience, we will pass this on to the team. One recommendation is to try the blur option, which tends to be less distracting to other attendees.

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
ZaraCrawford
New Contributor

Hello, If you're experiencing the "melting man" effect or halo when using a green screen and virtual backgrounds with your Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam, despite having good lighting and a similar setup that worked well with Zoom, there are a few suggestions you can try. First, ensure that the green screen is evenly lit and properly positioned, and consider adjusting the distance between yourself and the green screen. Additionally, check for any available driver or software updates for your webcam. If the issue persists, you might try alternative virtual background software or plugins specifically designed for your video conferencing platform.