cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kim Schleede
New Contributor

Broadcast audio from computer.

I am trying to create a webinar for my team using a dvd with an associated mp3 file. I have followed the instructions on the broadcast audio, but it still does not seem to work. I have Window 7, my webcam has a built in speaker and microphone (Logitech BCC950). Does anyone have experience with is and can guide me?
13 REPLIES 13
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Broadcast audio from computer.

Hi Kim,

So are you planning to play the DVD on your screen so your attendees can view it? Is the DVD a video without sound and that is why you have a separate MP3 you want to play as well? 
Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Kim Schleede
New Contributor

Hi.  I think I probably didn't articulate this well.  The dvd has a slide show and audio.  I have an alternative to download just the audio separately and listen to that.  So I want to be able to play the dvd on my screen, share my screen, and transmit the audio.  The  mp3 part was probably unnecessary information.....
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Okay thanks. So there are two ways to do this, the first depends on your computer's capabilities and the other is a hardware solution. Have you already tried the Stereo Mix method below?

Configure Vista or Windows 7 to broadcast audio
Note: Not all computers have a Stereo Mix option. Depending on your sound card, it may be called something else (like "What U Hear" on some Soundblaster cards) or it may be absent entirely.

Note: You cannot use your microphone when switching via software.

1. Right-click the volume icon in the system tray (usually bottom-right of your desktop).

2. Select Recording devices from the menu.

3. Right-click the first item on the list and ensure Show Disabled Devices is checked.

4. Ensure Stereo Mix is the default device. (You may need to right click on Stereo Mix and Enable it first)

5. Press OK.

Matt Haynes
New Contributor

Try using an auxiliary cord and plug one end into the audio out port (usually green) and the other into the mic in port (usually red).  Play the DVD like normal and have the GoTo system set to use mic and speakers.  I also recommend having a reliable internet connection with a high bandwidth.  

I hope this helps. 
Kim Schleede
New Contributor

I did try it several different times and ways, but I just tried one more thing and it worked....I unplugged the Logitech webcam.  I am not sure why that would have prevented the Stereo Mix solution from working properly, but it apparently did - at least that appears to be the simplest solution.  I unplugged, set the Stereo Mix to default and did a test meeting.  It worked!  Sometimes writing things down helps......I appreciate the assistance!
robin5
New Contributor

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Playing recorded audio during Webinar -- is this possible?.

Using GoToWebinar, I will be hosting and would like to play an audio clip during the Webinar while recording the webinar. I am using a mac. Would you kindly Advise? 🙂
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi Robin, it is possible to transmit audio from your computer during a webinar, but how you do it depends on your system. Can you please provide details about your computer?

robin5
New Contributor

Hi Glenn,
I have a mac os x 10.11.6. 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5. 16 GB Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB.
Thanks, 
robin
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Thanks Robin, with a Mac there is no built-in way of doing this, however there is a 3rd party software you can demo https://staticz.com/soundsiphon/ While the full version is not free, it will be much less complicated than using patch cables.