cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TC5998
Active Contributor

Issue promoting attendee to panelist who is attending via GTW iphone app

use case:

Running a GTWebinar session. For this particular meeting we often have folks join as regular attendees and then promote a range of them to be panelists so they can turn on cameras and contribute to the conversation.

Twice now we've had folks join and we promote those we want to panelist and it works well. EXCEPT one attendee who joins this way. He clicks attendee link from our website on his iphone 14 in Safarai, this launches the GTW app which he has on his phone. He successfully joins the meeting on the GTW app as a general attendee and can be unmuted if needed.

If I right click on his name i do NOT get the option to promote him to a panelist.

Is this a limitation of the GTW app for someone who has joined this way?

Would sending him a panelist email bypass this issue if he is still using his iPhone to join the meeting?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Issue promoting attendee to panelist who is attending via GTW iphone app

@TC5998 thanks for the great description on what was happening. At this time, you can not join as a panelist via iPhone, though an iPad would work. You can read about all iOS requirements here.

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KateG
GoTo Moderator

@TC5998 thanks for the great description on what was happening. At this time, you can not join as a panelist via iPhone, though an iPad would work. You can read about all iOS requirements here.

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
TC5998
Active Contributor

While I accepted as a solution... I bet you can guess what my request is for the future... LOL

Please add this functionality to iPhone. Thanks for the quick answer and consideration. Sorry I missed this in the help pages