cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robin77
New Contributor

Permanent mshtml.dll error at starting of GoToWebinar

Dear Community!

I attend webinars hosted through GoToWebinar. The organizer uses a “live” version of GoTo that does not need to be installed on my computer. I am working on the Windows machine Wintron 10.1 with Windows 8.1 × 32 bit (a higher version can´t be installed on this machine, no driver availlable) and the latest Firefox 32 bit version. Although the Internet Explorer 11 is already disabled in the Control Panel on this computer, a mshtml.dl error message appears when launching GoToWebinar. This message can only be deactivated after several clicks away. That causes the first 2 to 3 minutes of the webinar to be lost. According to Microsoft, this error is caused by GoToWebinar that tries to host web browser controls from non-existent Internet Explorer. Since no GoToWebinar application is installed on my machine, I cannot prevent these attempts either with Windows Firewall or my antimalware software. I should be glad if your experts could give me a tip how to remove this very annoying problem. By the way: I am attending on this machine some Webinars using live ZOOM and TEAMS Software Version without any difficulties, no error occurs.
Regards-Robin77

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Robin77
New Contributor

Re: Permanent mshtml.dll error at starting of GoToWebinar

Thank you for your mail. I have Internet Explorer (11), According to Microsoft, it shouldn't be possible to uninstall it.
On the other hand, Microsoft recommends unchecking Internet Explorer using >>execute/optionalfeatures/Windows-Features/<<, which should deactivate the program.
I did that, but it didn't help.
Then I have removed the MSHTML.DLL from the Internet Explorer directory and now the error does not occur.
Regards Robin77

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @Robin77 welcome to the GoTo Community. Thanks for the detailed post on the situation. We tried to replicate the experience on a similar system and disabled IE but did not receive an error message and were able to join as anticipated. At this stage, I recommend reaching out to customer support, one of our representatives can take a look at the situation. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
Robin77
New Contributor

Thank you for your mail. I have Internet Explorer (11), According to Microsoft, it shouldn't be possible to uninstall it.
On the other hand, Microsoft recommends unchecking Internet Explorer using >>execute/optionalfeatures/Windows-Features/<<, which should deactivate the program.
I did that, but it didn't help.
Then I have removed the MSHTML.DLL from the Internet Explorer directory and now the error does not occur.
Regards Robin77
KateG
GoTo Moderator

@Robin77 thanks for sharing your solution, glad to hear it's resolved. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training