cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DialogGroup
New Contributor

Removing Sentence from registration

Hello everybody,

how to I remove this sentence from my from. It is a free webinar but people keep asking about this sentence and think they need to pay us.

Thanks

Nadine

f7d53818-dcdb-4dc8-b318-ec198879aa61.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JHB
Frequent Contributor

Re: Removing Sentence from registration

I was registering as an attendee for an external webinar and noticed their GoToWebinar form did NOT have the disclaimer.  Looked at one of mine; it did have it.  Then I realized the first one had no custom fields, only those chosen from the picklist. 

I expect the thinking is that if you are adding your own custom fields, the disclaimer would automatically be inserted since you (theoretically) might be using those fields to collect "confidential or sensitive information". Plus the placement makes more sense. The disclaimer is placed immediately before the custom fields.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hello,

That disclaimer on the registration page is just in case a GoToWebinar customer is attempting to request financial information from registrants, which is not only unsecure but also illegal.  It cannot be removed at this time.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Chris251
Active Contributor

Would it be possible to move this sentence to the bottom of the page with the other disclaimer? I also get questions on this with almost every webinar. Having it in the middle of the page seems to create a lot of confusion.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

I'm sorry, that type of customization of emails is not yet available for GoToWebinar.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
JHB
Frequent Contributor

All of my webinars are free. None of my audience pays attention/comments on that line. However, if it became an issue - I'd probably add something like below as the final line in my session description

Years ago, something about the way the reminder email instructions were worded caused my audience to misinterpret something about audio. (I think it sounded like you HAD to have a mic.)  I ended up adding a clarification in the custom text for confirmation/reminder emails which cut down on questions. For those who noticed/bothered to read - my statement was there also.  And later the instructions evolved. So you could do something similar but on the registration form.  Something like:

---------------------- 

The secure payments disclaimer below is standard text for all GoToWebinar forms and not relevant to this free webinar.

JHB
Frequent Contributor

I was registering as an attendee for an external webinar and noticed their GoToWebinar form did NOT have the disclaimer.  Looked at one of mine; it did have it.  Then I realized the first one had no custom fields, only those chosen from the picklist. 

I expect the thinking is that if you are adding your own custom fields, the disclaimer would automatically be inserted since you (theoretically) might be using those fields to collect "confidential or sensitive information". Plus the placement makes more sense. The disclaimer is placed immediately before the custom fields.

JHB
Frequent Contributor

Seems like I learn something new every day!  Today I was editing some questions and noticed the standard communications disclaimer can be edited. Default is:

By checking this box, you submit your information to the webinar organizer, who will use it to communicate with you regarding this event and their other services.

So maybe you want to replace or add to THAT with some explanatory text about the other disclaimer.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

@JHB wrote:

Seems like I learn something new every day!  Today I was editing some questions and noticed the standard communications disclaimer can be edited. Default is:

By checking this box, you submit your information to the webinar organizer, who will use it to communicate with you regarding this event and their other services.

So maybe you want to replace or add to THAT with some explanatory text about the other disclaimer.

That particular disclaimer is part of our GDPR compliance and can be enabled as needed.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training