cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Viewer Black Screen problem

I have weekly webcasts with 100's of viewers. Each week 1 or 2 viewers experience a black screen and the only way to fix it for them is to cycle my screen from view screen to stop view screen and back to view screen. Go to Webinar team tried to help by going into the viewers computer to look at settings but could not find the answer.  This happens each week and is frustrating especially if the webcast has already started and I'm recording the session.  ideas?
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Viewer Black Screen problem

Hi Bruce,
Sorry for the confusion there.
Have you been able to pinpoint any similarities in these scenarios between Operating Systems used, or Join Type (desktop Vs. Web App)?

Highlighted
New Contributor

I have not isolated that but I suspect they are all using desktop because they share the session with multiple employees. I am hosting a webcast right now and had two attendees with this problem again and it seems to always be the same ones. I'll investigate what they are using after the webcast. I cycled my show screen button and they were then able to view but my co-organizer lost his view and was forced to log off and back on to view.
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Thanks, Bruce.  Let us know what you find...

Highlighted
Active Contributor

I'm having the same issue right  now.  2 different attendees, both on PC's reporting a black screen.  I had them log out and come back in, but that did not fix it.  If it helps, we are using the classic webinar option.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@Leigh Strinsky  Sorry to hear about that!

Are these the only two in attendance currently? 

If they are isolated, do you know how they are connected, with what hardware etc?

Have you already tried rebooting the presenting PC?

Highlighted
New Contributor

I have experienced the same thing as an organizer earlier this year. Today my boss experience the black screen.

1st occurrence:
  • windows 7
  • usb headset
  • gotoMeeting
  • recording enabled
  • screen went black while on meeting
  • running desktop app
  • about 4 attendees
2nd occurrence:
  • windows 7
  • usb headset
  • gotoMeeting
  • no recording
  • screen went black while on meeting and I switch to remote session
  • running meeting from Web
  • 3 attendees
  • computer still hosted meeting
  • went to another computer and joined. when the meeting was over, I had to reboot my computer for the screen to work again.
  • checked windows drivers for updated, but i seemed up-to-date
3rd occurrence:
  • windows 10
  • usb headset
  • gotoMeeting
  • recording enabled
  • screen went black while on meeting
  • running Web app
  • about 5-10 attendees
  • monitor would not work until I switched to vga cable on another computer, then switched back to DP on this Windows 10 computer
  • then found malware.

For everyone else having this issue, what Malware application do you have in place?

Lastly, I'm about to check if my boss has the latest version of gotoMeeting. If not, we will have to update and wait to see if the problem persists.

Highlighted
New Contributor

So I'm having the black screen issue as an attendee.  There about 10 people on each call and I'm the only one with the problem.  When the presenter stops and then restarts his screen sharing I can then always see his screen.  A couple of times when he didn't stop and then restart his screen sharing, I saw a black screen in the beginning, but then as he shared materials from another attendee then the problem resolved.  Once I can see his creen I can always see it for the duration of the webinar.

I have been on the phone with gotomeeting for several hours.  Case #10347875,  still no resolution.  Can you solve this problem?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

AlanB1 - You have described the indicators that the video drivers on your computer are not up to date.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks Chris.  Prety sure GoToMeeting customer service reps checked and made sure that the video drivers were current during one or more of the sessions where I turned over control of my computer to them, but couldn't hurt to check again.