cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fran_Simon
Valued Contributor

Webcast Attendees' screens going dark after next presenter

We need some ideas here. We are experiencing two problems regularly with a lot (but not all) of our attendees. Our sessions are really big-- usually between 1,800-3,000 people.

1. There are two times during our webinars when we have transitions from one panelist (me, the organizer) to another panelist who only has panelist access, and then back from the panelist to me. On the second pass back to me near the end of the webinar, we get lots of attendees complaining that their screens have gone dark. They can no longer see the slides, only a black screen.
  2. Attendees are losing the slide viewer after transitions after polls and after videos. We know they need to click on the flower in their taskbars to connect back to GTW, but it is a real problem in such big webinars.

Anyone have ideas? 

Thanks!

Fran Simon
Engagement Strategies
http://EngageStrat.com
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Joning webinar on the browser without installing the program?

This issue should now be resolved in webcast webinars.  Please let us know if you see it recur again. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Attendees' screens going dark after transitions

Hi Fran,

You mentioned that Attendees are clicking the GoTo icon in their task bar, so I'm guessing these are standard webinars, and not webcast webinars? 

What are the exact steps staff are using, from launching videos / polls to transferring the presenter role over to you again?

Fran_Simon
Valued Contributor

No, these are webcasts. Obviously, I assumed they could click on the flower and forgot webcast participants don't have that that functionality. 

So, it continues. Yesterday we had  25 people complain that they still saw the "waiting for the present" screen long after I took the controls AND reported that their screens went black after I took over as the presenter. Today I had as many complaints. 

What is going on?  No one has ever complained about this before? This is a new issue? 

Can someone at GTW/LGM look at the log files and/or the data about the participants to  see if there is some kind of common thread amongst the people who report the problems (usually in the questions pane, and sometime by email after the session?)  I can't go on like this.

We only produce webcasts. Is there some way

Fran Simon
Engagement Strategies
Fran_Simon
Valued Contributor

@AshC  Any more information about this issue?  It is getting worse. So many compliants.

Fran Simon
Engagement Strategies
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

We're definitely interested to learn more about this problem, Fran.  Unfortunately we've been unable to recreate the experience you described ourselves.  If this typically happens after you launch a Poll or Video, have you tried changing presenters to see if it triggers the viewer window for those affected attendees?

geoffwebinar
New Contributor

Webcast - viewers can't see panelist's screen without refreshing their browser

We switched to all Webcasts this year since we routinely hit the 1,000 attendee limit. Have hosted 2 live webcasts now. A large percentage of viewers say they cannot see the panelist's screen unless they manually refresh their browser (F5). When we switch to the presenter's screen all is good. When we switch back to the panelist's screen, this same percentage only see the "waiting to view _____'s screen". If they manually refresh their browser it works.  But then they lose the entire chat log. Viewers' browsers being used who are affected by the bug include Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Edge. Why is this happening and what is the resolution?

geoffwebinar
New Contributor

Re: Webcast - viewers can't see panelist's screen without refreshing their browser

LogMeIn support has confirmed that this is a bug that has been present for many months. My solution is to recreate all 120 webinars in Standard mode. Support is then assisting me with copying all registrants from the webcast mode to the standard mode of the same webinar. Lots of work, and I'm back to the 1,000 viewer limit.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Webcast - viewers can't see panelist's screen without refreshing their browser

I'm sorry to hear about that, and will investigate the cause further with our team. 

geoffwebinar
New Contributor

@AshC  - thanks so much, I look forward to the resolution.

euridice
Active Contributor

Re: Joning webinar on the browser without installing the program?

Hello, this solution has worked for us as well. We tried this way because of local authority's IT restrictions which prohibit software downloads. The attendees of our last webinar could take part, but every time when a new screen had been shared, the user had to refresh the browser to be able to see the shared slides and therefore had to login in again.

Is it possible to avoid the necessity to refresh the browser when the attendee takes part via Instant Join app?