cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
radicaltype
New Contributor

Alert Sounds not working

I'm running version 7.12.3325 64bit and the alert sounds no longer work for one of my LogMeIn accounts. I have two accounts. 

I have all the sound alerts checked. Tried turning them off & back on. I've also done a reinstall of the software. I've reinstalled Windows 10. I got a new hard drive the other day (not because of this issue) and have a clean install of everything on there & still no sound alerts from the one account. 

Any ideas on why that would be happening? Any help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks,

Gary

12 REPLIES 12
sv5
GoTo Contributor
GoTo Contributor

Re: Alert Sounds not working

Hello radicaltype!

I have checked it on 2 different Win10 and Win8.1 PC-s and the sound works as expected.
Could you clarify whether the impacted machines have multiple sound cards? E.g. nvidia VGA with audio and integrated motherboard chips? Because I have the feeling that can be the problem, when the speakers/headphone is plugged in the jack that is connected to the integrated chip, and the Nvidia audio is supposed to be used via HDMI cable from displays that have speakers or jack plugs for external speakers. And somehow the Rescue TC uses the other source.

radicaltype
New Contributor

Here is what I have

I have an ATI graphics card that when HDMI is connected could be used as an Audio device but my monitor doesn't have speakers - I've disabled this today. 

Digital S/PDIF integrated - Disabled today

Also another Digital HDMI Audio - Disabled today

Logitech Bluetooth wireless headset - Which I have on & will be listening through it to see if I get any sound

Rear input for desktop speakers - Which are always on & are set as default. 

I have windows 10 & have tried reseting the defaults for specific apps. I've also tried telling it that LogMeIn should default to the desktop speakers. None of which have worked. 

This started about 2 weeks ago. I changed nothing that I am aware of. Shortly after this windows kept crashing on me so I did a reinstall on the hard drive. Installed LMIR again same issue. I was getting a new HDD & on it I have a completely fresh install of everything. Still same issue.

Is this something that would be controlled by the admin console? Not even sure there is one. 

Where are the sound alert files located? 

Thanks & I hope this helps. 

Gary

Sound.JPG

radicaltype
New Contributor

After having disabled the additional audio devices and listening with the desktop & headset speakers I still have no sound. Again it is only one account that does this.
sv5
GoTo Contributor
GoTo Contributor

There is no option in the AdminCenter to mute the Technician Console, so it should be something locally.

Could you share your windows build number please. And what do you mean about only one account that does this? Do you have another technician, who cannot experience the issue on the same PC?

radicaltype
New Contributor

I am on build 1809

I have another LogMeIn resuce techinician account that I use on the same computer that gets sounds. 

So you user login gets sounds the other doesn't. Same pc, same software. 

Strange, eh? 

sv5
GoTo Contributor
GoTo Contributor

This is getting interesting.

So do you have 2 technicians in 2 different companies or in one?

And one of your techies experiences the issue, and the other not in the same PC with the same TC?

sv5
GoTo Contributor
GoTo Contributor

Do you use browser base TC or Desktop TC?

Could you check your sound mixer please? Maybe there is something tricky mute.

Capture.PNG

radicaltype
New Contributor

Just me but 2 different log in accounts on the same pc with the same Desktop TC. 

I use two different email addresses for the two different accounts. 

radicaltype
New Contributor

I use the Desktop TC. 

Checked mixer & it's not an issue. I've done the reset in the mixer too. No help. Windows troubleshooter for audio doesn't find an issue. 

Again this happened on my pc a few weeks ago on an older hard drive. Software & hardware with the exception of the hard drive are all the same. Now on a fresh install of Windows & LogMeIn on a new hard drive it's still doing it. But only on the one login for the desktop TC. Same windows user acccount also. 

mixer.JPG