cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diggio
New Contributor

Black screen when using remote control on RDP connection to Windows Server 2016

Our end users log into terminal servers via RDP. When we use LogMeIn Rescue, the remote control will typically start with a black screen (not always but it happens almost every time). I can see their cursor moving around but the screen is black. We can get the black screen to stop by ending remote control and launching remote control over and over again until it finally works. This only happens when we are remote controlling an RDP session, other Windows hosts work 100% of the time. We've tried changing the color quality but it doesn't appear to solve the issue.

Mouse moving on customer session:

Xvc77R06vj.gif

Relaunching remote control to fix it:

KNrUNyYHVs.gif

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MrHappy4
Active Contributor

Re: Black screen when using remote control on RDP connection to Windows Server 2016

Come to find out, it seems to be a problem with the computer itself, somehow. The problem fixes itself when we open the lid of the laptop.

When the lid is closed and we use LMI and RDP, the screen is blank for anything, no Run command or Control Panel, or anything. When we open the laptop, everything works just fine and the screen shows up just fine, even if the RDP was blank a second ago. As soon as we close the lid again, everything in the RDP stops again and I can’t click any icons or do any commands.

Never had the problem on any other computers. We leave the computers in the office and the users LMI into them to run the programs, so we never needed to have the lids open. This one will have to be though.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MrHappy4
Active Contributor

Re: Black screen when using remote control on RDP connection to Windows Server 2016

I have a client that just started doing the same.  No fix yet. 

If I use LMI and start the RDP, the RDP is blank. If I RDP into the client and use the RDP on their machine to get to the server, then it's fine.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hello,  @MrHappy4  @diggio

In case there is a user rights conflict there, are you able to test a possible solution by restarting the applet as a Windows System Service? 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
MrHappy4
Active Contributor

Come to find out, it seems to be a problem with the computer itself, somehow. The problem fixes itself when we open the lid of the laptop.

When the lid is closed and we use LMI and RDP, the screen is blank for anything, no Run command or Control Panel, or anything. When we open the laptop, everything works just fine and the screen shows up just fine, even if the RDP was blank a second ago. As soon as we close the lid again, everything in the RDP stops again and I can’t click any icons or do any commands.

Never had the problem on any other computers. We leave the computers in the office and the users LMI into them to run the programs, so we never needed to have the lids open. This one will have to be though.