cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scissors

File Manager with Android phones

I've found that LogMeIn Rescue does not seem to properly support File Manager to pull files from Android 8 devices. I've tested Samsung S7, S8, S9, Google Pixel, PixelXL, Pixel2.

After establishing a remote support session, I go to the File Manager tab in the Technician Console and click "Launch Session." A dialog indicates connecting, and then connected. On the mobile device, the log indicates that File Management was initiated by me, and then immediately that I stopped File Management. Nothing ever shows in the remote device section of the Technician Console.

Is it possible that I'm missing a necessary setting or plugin? On the Samsung devices, I installed the Rescue app as well as the Samsung plugin, but no go.

When calling in to Support, the representitive said that it's very tricky to support mobile devices and that he could not help me. 😮

7 REPLIES 7
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: File Manager with Android phones

@scissors  Sorry about that.

Which operating system was being used as the client in this situation?  Has this functionality ever worked for you before?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@scissors  It looks like we have reproduced this issue on Android 8.0 systems.  We'll update this thread when the problem is fully resolved.

sv5
GoTo Contributor
GoTo Contributor

Hello @scissors !

Could you share your TC version number to me?

Regards,
Sandor

Courtney56
Visitor

@scissors wrote:

I've found that LogMeIn Rescue does not seem to properly support File Manager to pull files from Android 8 devices. I've tested Samsung S7, S8, S9, Google Pixel, PixelXL, Pixel2.

After establishing a remote support session, I go to the File Manager tab in the Technician Console and click "Launch Session." A dialog indicates connecting, and then connected. On the mobile device, the log indicates that File Management was initiated by me, and then immediately that I stopped File Management. Nothing ever shows in the remote device section of the Technician Console.

Is it possible that I'm missing a necessary setting or plugin? On the Samsung devices, I installed the Rescue app as well as the Samsung plugin, but no go.

When calling in to Support, the representitive said that it's very tricky to support mobile devices and that he could not help me. 😮

I have same question and didn't get satisfied solution.

Charles521
New Contributor

@Courtney56 wrote:

@scissors wrote:

I've found that LogMeIn Rescue does not seem to properly support File Manager to pull files from Android 8 devices. I've tested Samsung S7, S8, S  9apps, Google Pixel, PixelXL, Pixel2.

I have same question and didn't get satisfied solution.

Hello Any update ??

I am still facing that, no solution yet.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Charles521 @Courtney56   Sorry, could you please confirm your mobile app version and Android device / model?

Bestusefultips
Visitor

Same question here. I have a first-generation Google Pixel device running Android 10 OS.