cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Briankolk
New Contributor

Invitation to control computer does not let me create an account to do so

My IT admin has sent me an email with a link to access remote computer.  When I click this link it tells me to log in with the email address the invitation was sent to.  The problem is this account does not exist, it does not give me the option to create an account to accept this invitation.

https://imgur.com/a/FjA6M22

This link is the invitation, it says to log in with existing account rather than letting me create a new one.

Background: This all started when I had one email and remote access working.  My company forced email change.  I went to my logmein account I had, that was working, and changed me email to the new one.  When I did this I lost access to the remote computer.   I've changed my logmein account to a throwaway email in hopes of creating a new one, which leads me to the question above.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.
8 REPLIES 8
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Invitation to control computer does not let me create an account to do so

Hi @Briankolk Welcome to the GoTo Community 

Thanks for the screenshot. You should be able to create an account but it appears this is not being displayed. 

If you registered for the Community you are on the same platform as Pro, so if you are using the same email address that the invitation was sent to, you're already registered and should be able to just sign in now to accept the invite. Can you try that? 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
Briankolk
New Contributor

So I have this one account that I mentioned where I am changing the email address.  What happens when I change the email address to the one the invitation goes to is that it won't let me log in via the website.  I go to logmein.com, click "log in" in the top right, enter my email address, it then takes me to a "goto" page to enter my password, I enter the password and it brings me back to the homepage of logmein.com  and I'm not logged in.

This is the same behavior if my logmein account email address equals the email address the invitation is sent to.  I click the invitation link, my email address is already entered and can not change the field, i click "log in", it brings me to a goto webpage to enter my password, I enter password then it brings me to logmein.com homepage and I'm not logged in.  The invitation does not go through.

This behavior baffles me.  I am able to go to "goto.com" and log in there and that's how I am able to change my email address around.

Because this is all acting funny, is why I moved the account to a throwaway email address and tried to get a new invitation.  I don't understand why the invitation is asking me to "log in with existing LogMeIn ID"  instead of letting me create a new account.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @Briankolk

It could be some kind of cookie/browser issue. Can you sign into the LMI account using an incognito/private browser and confirm that the email change was successful?  Once you do that, copy and paste the invitation link into another incognito browser tab and load the page. 

Briankolk
New Contributor

I change my logmein account to the new email address (the problematic one with the invitation).  I go to an incognito webpage in browser, i go to logmein.com, log in, enter email address, brings me to goto webpage to enter password, then after that it brings me to logmein.com homepage and I'm not signed in.

This is the same if I open the invitation link in an incognito browser, i press log in (screen shot from original post), brings me to goto webpage to enter password, then it brings me to logmein.com homepage and I'm not logged in.

I try the computer logmein client, and there is no access to the computer from the invitation link.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@Briankolk apologies for the delay here.

Our team is currently looking into this behavior. Thank you for reporting this behavior and your patience. 

Briankolk
New Contributor

Thanks, it's really confusing how changing the email address causes this bug, not allowing me to log in.

I'm really hoping to find a solution for this. It's currently keeping me from being able to remote into my work laptop.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@Briankolk I've gone ahead and escalated a case associated with this issue so our support can take a look at the emails you are using to login and work to get your access back. Someone should be contacting you soon. Thanks for your patience with this. 

HappyHippo
Active Contributor

We had exactly the same issue with users trying to change their emails. This occurred when the sign-on changed from the previous LMI method to using the GoTo method.

We had to call LogMeIn support to change email addresses as we observed the same behaviour.