cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
satech
New Contributor

How to install Logme123 client silently and provide all permissions for remote support?

Here is the use case:

• - We have servers that non-IT staff don't have login access
  • - An application is running on the server
  • - From time to time, we need vendor support to troubleshoot the application
  • - At this time, IT needs to sign into the server, use the code vendor support provided, install logmein123 client, and grant vendor support remote access
  • - This business runs 24x7, and IT cannot be readily available 24x7

So, the company IT needs a way to

1. - Give non-IT staff access to install logmein123 on the server without logging into the server
  2. - During the installation process, automatically embed the 6 digit codes provided by vendor support and grant all permission
  3. (Optional) Kill the session after vendor support completes troubleshooting --- vendor support always does it. So, it's optional, not a requirement.

I have written a PowerShell GUI that runs psexec from a controlled environment that staff has access. I can use psexec to install logmein. But how to do #2 above (the 6 digital codes & permission)?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: How to install Logme123 client silently and provide all permissions for remote support?

Hi @satech, welcome to the community.

If you are comfortable with your vendor connecting when your IT team is unavailable, you might consider letting them set up Unattended Access. 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
satech
New Contributor

Re: How to install Logme123 client silently and provide all permissions for remote support?

No, don't want unattended access.

Need to know if it's possible to install the installer silently with vendor support's access code passed through a GUI that I built for the client, and in the meantime grant full access that would require mouse click during normal process.