Forum Discussion

EricAnderson
Active Contributor
5 years ago

New Versions Windows 10 Uses a PIN Number, Not Password

Well,  Microsoft has altered the security method for entry into the PC.

They are allowing users to opt for a PIN Number instead of a Username / Password combo.

LogMeIn does not seem to be able to deal with this.  Or, I just don't know the answer.

Is there a way to log into Windows 10 using PIN Numbers? 

Or should I quit looking for  this answer and force the user back into Username/Password?

• Hi,

The PIN and similar unlock options in Windows 10/11 only decrypt the user credentials locally in Windows and are not available for us to work with. So while they may be convenient for the user, we are unable to support those options.  

• Eric Anderson,  I have the same issue.  Did you figure out how to connect with username/pin rather than username/password in windows 10?  

Thank you

AshC
      Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi there,

Microsoft PIN entry is not yet compatible with LogMeIn Central, though we are considering this additional security option for future development. 

Thanks!

• Had the same issue.

Turn off "only allow Windows Hello sign-in" in Control Panel -> Accounts -> Sign-in Options -> Additional Settings and then restart. You should be able to log into windows with either PIN or password and logmein with email/password now.

This should be documented somewhere.