Forum Discussion

Lchris
Active Contributor
2 years ago

GotoResolve Customer Attended Standalone

Hello,

We are migrating from GotoAssist to GotoResolve

and want to use it like before 

see here Use the GoToAssist Customer Attended Standalone Application (Single Executable for Windows)

before we had "G2A-RS Customer Attended App.exe" the customer could launch and who asked for the session ID

But now when we run  GoToResolve.exe  the exe gets deleted and a windows opens with just a chat without asking for the sessions ID

Also, there are no apparent command line parameters for Gotoresolve.exe

How to get the  "Attended Standalone" feature back please ?

• Hi RobICT , 

Welcome to the GoTo Community, 

It appears that this is now available! Feel free to let me know if there are any issues you're having. Thanks. 

GlennD
    GoTo Manager

Hi Lchris, welcome to the community.

At this time GoTo Resolve supports inviting clients to join the support session through a link that you share with them, or Unattended Support. I am checking with our team to see where the feature you are looking is on our roadmap currently.

Lchris
      Active Contributor

Thank you Glenn

Some of our user are not allowed to download, launch or install software from the web, for security reason they can only use the browser to view web pages.

The only way for us to allow them to use external remoting software is to package it with our own software and add a button to call it from our software directory where the files are validated.

Of course the feature was available with gotoassist, and we could also lock the version we were using to avoid auto-update 

Thanks for the help

GlennD
        GoTo Manager

@Lchris, the product team is looking into adding this functionality sooner than previously planned. I will update this post when I have more details to share.