Forum Discussion

bbazian219
Active Contributor
4 years ago

Unattended access clients off line

For some reason 75% of my unattended clients appear to be off line.  I know that they are "online" but not showing so in G2A.  Any ideas why they would stop reporting in?  We are talking about 100 clients showing off line.

AshC
    Retired GoTo Contributor

bbazian219  I'm not aware of any kind of localized outage that would cause the behavior you describe.  Where are all the clients located?

bbazian219
      Active Contributor

I spoke to tech support and this appears to be a systemic issue.  The tech said that the developers are trying to figure out what is happening.  The issue appears to be on the level 5 platform and not on 4.  She asked me to send all kinds of diagnostic info and said that we can uninstall the 5 version and install 4.  Not quite acceptable.  This is a major issue for us.  We have remote users all around the country and this is becoming a real pain.

AshC
        Retired GoTo Contributor

bbazian219  Apologies for the disconnect.

Rebooting the affected device should also help.  If not, a re-install of the endpoint software will also bring the Unattended device back online.

• Has anyone been supplied a solution yet?  We have had this problem for months.  Problems started after we left v4 because I was told it would soon no longer be supported with Rescue Assist on the horizon, then Rescue Assist v1.xxx client version (web-only console) rolled out, then that morphed into version 5, and around then it was downhill from there.  I have worked with support three times, sharing my screen from a client with the issue, sending diagnostics, and it has never been solved.  I gave up working with support, it's been time intensive and zero productive.  We reinstall the client and it works a short time then goes offline again.  We have just been sending the support key to the client via Teams Chat and and have the client join the session instead of using Unattended.  Not preferred but it works.  Until we move to a new platform I am considering rolling all clients back to v4, but with 500+ client computers I'm not thrilled with that decision.  Before doing this thought I'd reach out.   Thanks for sharing any knowledge you have.

bbazian219
      Active Contributor

We have had similar issues on and off.  After they rolled out a new 5.0.0.505 it seemed to be a bit better.  I had to manually uninstall and reinstall several hundred computers.  Looks like they are now rolling out 5.1.2.675 and we will monitor to see how it goes.  I have some of the older legacy 4.x agents installed on some computers and can access them from the new V5 console and have never had any issues with them.

bbazian219
        Active Contributor

We are still having this issue with clients falling off and showing as off line.  This happens intermittently.  May be time to look for a new solution.  This has become too unstable for us.

Mark_Jenkins
    Active Contributor

We are seeing a lot of machines with multiple icons on the taskbar (the most I have seen is 15) which will shrink back to one if you hover over with a mouse but in the task manager, we are now seeing many GoToAssistCrashHandler.exe processes. If you leave machine running the number will increase.

Machines are all running version 5.2.1.883 on Windows 10 and do seem to stay online.

AshC
      Retired GoTo Contributor

Mark_Jenkins  I'm sorry, this is a known issue we are currently addressing with the latest v5 installation.  This is a very high priority, and I expect more information within the coming days.

FreedomSolution
      New Contributor

We are seeing this across our entire fleet 600+ laptops.

Hovering over the icons makes most of them vanish.  it appears that Logmein unattended support is crashing multiple times and restarting.

For the user who first reported this, are you using Intune/Endpoint to push the unattended package?

AshC
        Retired GoTo Contributor

FreedomSolution  Are you able to check for updates on one of the affected machines?  They should be available for Windows (v. 5.7.0.1541) and Mac (v. 5.7.0.1680).