Forum Discussion

bvoss
Active Contributor
3 years ago

Display the contact name instead of called from number

Hello, I received this incredible message from support:

Thank you for your feedback. I have received feedback from colleagues. Unfortunately, the app is not able to display an external phone number as a contact instead of a number. Unfortunately the application is not yet able to identify the incoming phone number, only the internal one (the number within the PBX network). I'm sorry, if you would like to get in touch with our development team regarding this, please write to us on our community page.

Selling Phone Cloud that is unable to display a contact instead of a number? I have few words to show my incomprehension. My first mobile phone could do that, I think yours too. and nobody wants that? I do not believe that.

Sales staff in Germany have not been available for 1 week. When I call the German headquarters, the tape of the answering machine tells me it is full? Does goto still exist as a company?

bw34
      Active Contributor

I have not received a solution to this yet. I just checked again and it has not been corrected.  Just to be clear, here is the issue:

The "recent activity" page for calls does not consistently show the contact name in the list, it only shows the phone number. If I click on a number, then it displays the contact name at the top of the screen for the number selected, but the "recent activity" list still does not show that name. It seems silly to have to click on a number to see the contact name instead of being able to scan the list of contact names instead of phone numbers. 

KateG
        GoTo Moderator

bw34 thanks for the clarification. 

I checked with the team and they are aware of this issue. The current timeline for a fix is January. 

Thanks for calling this out and for your patience, it's appreciated. 

GlennD
    GoTo Manager

Hi bvoss, welcome to the community.

1. When you receive a call from someone in your Contacts list and their phone number is displayed, does the number format match the way it is entered in your Contacts list?
    2. Can you provide an example of the way telephone numbers are formatted and displayed for you? (It may be that our system does not yet recognize the format used in your country) 
      evs1
      Visitor
      Hi,

Replying to this post because coworkers and I have the exact same issue. Not only do the names of saved contacts not show up when they call, but their names frequently do not appear listed under "Recent Activity." I know that the contact name is saved to that phone number because it shows up at the top when I select a number and see the full conversation history. I have tried multiple times to edit the format of phone number in contacts but have been unable to get consistent results on what works and what doesn't. For context, the numbers show up as (555) 555-5555 in the recent activity list, but when I try to add a contact, they typically show up as 5555555555 in the phone number field of the edit contact screen.

Not being able to see who is calling or who I called in my recent history is extremely frustrating and makes the entire contacts function, a critical component of digital phone systems, nearly worthless.
      bvoss
      Active Contributor

Hi, Glenn

Yes, the number format corresponds to the number format of the contact list.

Interestingly, the goto number format is different depending on whether a call is coming in or the same call is displayed on the voicemail list.

Incoming call 01511 234567

Voice mail +491511234567

Why is this different? Both formats tested. If I enter +491511234567 I can at least see the contact on the voicemail. I think there is a programming error here.

bvoss
        Active Contributor

Unfortunately for me the use of the program is important, the contact names are displayed when calling. If only the phone number is displayed, I don't think goto is ready for the market.

When will this be fixed?