Forum Discussion

nethunter321
Active Contributor
6 years ago

"LogMeIn Rescue has encountered a problem and needs to close."

Hello, I am trying to use LogMeIn Rescue and connect to Geek Squad for a tune up. After downlodaing logmein, I try to open (run) and get the error "LogMeIn Rescue has encountered a problem and needs to close." I talked with Geek Squad and tried different browsers (Edge, IE and Chrome) but still the same error. Has anyone heard of this problem? I just installed Windows 10 Fall Update 1809 so maybe that's a problem? Please reply with instructions to fix it so I can connect to Geek Squad. Thanks

nethunter321
    6 years ago

Success! I talked to Geek Squad and asked if they would use the beta. They sent me a normal link just like always and it connected. They said my AntiVirus was blocking it. I had tried disabling my AV but for some reason it connected fine this time. I got my tune up. I'll message back if I need it again. Thanks!

nethunter321
      Active Contributor

Hi, thanks for your reply. I am a customer so I'm not sure how to use it for Geek Squad agents. And where do I find my PIN code? And what should I tell Geek Squad when I try to connect? Please reply. Thanks

AshC
        Retired GoTo Contributor

nethunter321  Your support representative should have the PIN, generated from their side (randomly).

If you are still having trouble once you receive an active PIN, you might try saving the Rescue download first, then running the file 'As Administrator' to ensure the proper clearance on your PC.