cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Intelligent Call Back feature

Intelligent Call Back feature

The activation of the call back feature for customers exist in the settings menu, but it is now misleading following a recent upgrade.  It seems hard code has been added that requires agents to be unavailable within a queue for 15 minutes before the call back feature is enabled.  Additionally, the call back feature does not begin with the first caller, but after 10 callers. This feature is now totally useless for my company and I can't imagine very many companies focused on customer experience that are going to find it useful.  If there was a need to add such elements to a feature, it seems it could have been added as an option within the call back feature area.

One of the major reasons my company purchased GoTo software was because of the call back feature we could offer and control.  Now, I have been forced to create ACD's in my dial plans that give callers the option and, based on their response, loop them back to the queue to wait or forward them to voicemail.  This works but it concerns me the feature was changed without notice and because I don't understand the use of it now. 

8 Comments
KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Reviewed by moderator

KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Needs Info

@timcrews sorry for the delay in response here, can you tell me what feature you would like to see in the Call Back feature? 

timcrews
Active Contributor

Thanks for reaching out.  When we purchased our system, there was a working option for ICB if a caller didn’t want to remain in queue for a representative.  There was no waiting time limit to be met - we need the feature enabled without time limits and beginning with the first caller.  

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@timcrews talking to the team, you should be able to do this by adjusting the Caller Wait Time Threshold. The threshold number has to be greater than “0”, which means callback option will be offered when the average caller wait time exceeds the determined threshold, which is calculated within the last 15 minutes.

Aside from this, there is going to be a release here soon on queue callback where customers will be able to put “0" as the threshold.

So if the threshold is set to 0, this means the 15-minute calculation will be ignored, and the callback option will be offered to every caller if there are no available agents in the queue

KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Accepted

timcrews
Active Contributor

That sounds awsome -- I'll continue to monitor the community group for the completion of the update.  Thanks so much and thank the team.

KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Delivered

Contact Center customers can now set the threshold to “0” and have callback offered to all callers in the queue if there’s no available agent. 

timcrews
Active Contributor

Thanks for the great news!!  We'll make the appropriate changes to our settings -- my team will be delighted.