cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JodiAliceRecep
Active Contributor

After running a task that logs off a PC in task scheduler, PC goes "offline" in GoToResolve console

I have a task that involves a PC logoff at the end of the script, and when I run it on the PC via the task scheduler, it goes offline in the GoToResolve Desktop Console--but the PC is definitely not offline, as I'm able to reach it via other methods (I can ping it, and one of my test PCs is a VM, so I can see it's online).  I can't make it come back online in the console unless I reboot the PC.  Has anyone else seen this behavior?  I checked the GoToResolve Unattended service, and it's still running on the "offline" PC.  Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
JodiAliceRecep
Active Contributor

Re: After running a task that logs off a PC in task scheduler, PC goes "offline" in GoToRe

One thing we literally just discovered is that using "shutdown /L" forces it to go offline and stay offline in GoToResolve, but when we use the "logoff" command instead, it seems to come back up without issue.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: After running a task that logs off a PC in task scheduler, PC goes "offline" in GoToResolve c...

Hi @JodiAliceRecep,

When a PC is listed as Offline it means that it is no longer communicating with our servers. It sounds like the script is stopping the GoToResolve service, which is why the computer appears as Offline. I've testing logging the User out while in an Unattended session and after a few seconds the connection reestablishes and does not drop, so I can sign in again as that user or another user. 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
JodiAliceRecep
Active Contributor

Re: After running a task that logs off a PC in task scheduler, PC goes "offline" in GoToRe

A standard logoff wasn't doing that--only when I ran the script that ended with the command "shutdown /l".  However, once I switched it to the command "logoff" instead, that seems to have resolved the issue.  

JodiAliceRecep
Active Contributor

Well, I spoke too soon.  It worked a few times, but now it's offline again.  The problem is that it's not on our network, so I can't get access to it again unless someone reboots it or restarts the GoToResolve service manually.  It's so frustrating!

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @JodiAliceRecep,

Would you be able to gather the log files for this computer? I will PM you an email address you can send them to.

Logs are located in c:\Users\[%user name%]\AppData\Local\GoTo\GoTo Resolve Desktop Console\Logs

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
JodiAliceRecep
Active Contributor

Sure.  I can send those.  Where should I send them, please?