cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcolon
Active Contributor

Not getting Windows Updates

Hello,

We recently acquired GTR. I have noticed how i do get application updates but i do not for Windows Updates.. I am getting a Error code: 0x80240438.  It does say to refer to Microsoft Knowledge but none seem to work. Has anyone had this issue before?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jcolon
Active Contributor

Re: Not getting Windows Updates

Hello,

To be honest that didnt solve it but thanks... For all those having a similar issue... Try this

Turn off Proxy
Press Start then click Settings(Gear icon)
Select Network and Internet > Proxy
Turn off "Automatically detect settings"
Restart your Computer then try to check for updates again.

I went and extra step and restarted Windows Update on Services and restarted my PC. 

This worked for me.

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Viktor_Egri
GoTo Contributor

Hi, I'm Viktor Egri, product manager at GoTo Resolve.

I'm here to help!

Is this error code (0x80240438) shown for 1 device or for multiple devices?

jcolon
Active Contributor

Hello Viktor,

The error code (0x80240438) is showing for all my devices.

Viktor_Egri
GoTo Contributor

Thanks for the info!
GoTo Resolve's Windows update module remotely commands the Windows Update Service (that locally runs on your devices) to install updates.

The windows 10/11 update error code 0x80240438 is associated with Windows Update, and it indicates that there’s a problem connecting to the Microsoft Update servers. This Windows 10 or 11 Update Error Code 0x80240438 generally appears when you try to update your Windows operating system, and it prevents you from downloading and installing the rearmost windows updates.

So the reason why we can't show any updates, just this error code, is probably because your devices can't reach the Microsoft Update servers.

On Microsoft site, I found multiple threads around this topic, e.g.: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/1479306/in-our-sccm-environment-some-machines-ar...

I recommend you to reach out to our support so that we can take a closer look if that thread doesn't help you!
https://support.goto.com/resolve/help/how-do-i-contact-goto-resolve-customer-support

jcolon
Active Contributor

Hello,

To be honest that didnt solve it but thanks... For all those having a similar issue... Try this

Turn off Proxy
Press Start then click Settings(Gear icon)
Select Network and Internet > Proxy
Turn off "Automatically detect settings"
Restart your Computer then try to check for updates again.

I went and extra step and restarted Windows Update on Services and restarted my PC. 

This worked for me.

Thanks