cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Schooner44
Active Contributor

mobile device mouse functionality

I just upgraded to a Pixel Fold and a big reason I did was the ability to better use remote sessions within the Goto Resolve app. I can start a session and found some of the settings for mouse control however I'm experiencing 2 issues that I can't figure out...

1. I can move the mouse around but can't "click" anywhere on the screen. In instances where I need to actually control the remote computer, this is essential. I've tried tapping, double-tapping and even long pressing but none of those work. I really nee this functionality.

2. For this issue, I'm going to refer to the remote computer's screen as "display" and my mobile device's screen as "screen".  When I'm connected looking at the display and I drag the mouse near one edge of the display, the whole screen shifts in that direction then part of the display is off of my screen. When this happens, I can't just drag it back onto my screen so I can see the entire display. I have to select the toolbar icon to toggle displays so it's 100% on my screen again. I would like to be able to dock (for lack of a better term) the display window in place.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bhartwell13
Active Contributor

Re: mobile device mouse functionality

Using my Pixel Fold has been interesting for remote. First thing I changed was the mouse mode. In settings I go to mouse mode and I use the Mouse Moves option. The screen moving option was too much for my eyes and I don't understand the Direct setting. In this mode I can move my mouse using the whole screen as the touch pad and I can click by tapping on the screen. If I need to right click on something I hold with one thumb and then tap with the other and it uses the right click. Double clicking is just double tapping.

For your display issue, while I use the Mouse Moves mode, my screen moves in accordance to where my mouse is and if I want to get back to the other side I just move the mouse cursor over there and it does it automatically so if I am zoomed into a screen as I move the mouse it never goes off screen.

Hope this is somewhat helpful.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
bhartwell13
Active Contributor

Using my Pixel Fold has been interesting for remote. First thing I changed was the mouse mode. In settings I go to mouse mode and I use the Mouse Moves option. The screen moving option was too much for my eyes and I don't understand the Direct setting. In this mode I can move my mouse using the whole screen as the touch pad and I can click by tapping on the screen. If I need to right click on something I hold with one thumb and then tap with the other and it uses the right click. Double clicking is just double tapping.

For your display issue, while I use the Mouse Moves mode, my screen moves in accordance to where my mouse is and if I want to get back to the other side I just move the mouse cursor over there and it does it automatically so if I am zoomed into a screen as I move the mouse it never goes off screen.

Hope this is somewhat helpful.
Schooner44
Active Contributor

Thank you so much! I was totally looking  at this incorrectly. Your reference to treating the mobile screen as a trackpad is a spot-on description (I was trying to tap on the screen where I wanted the mouse click to occur).