cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Unattended access clients off line

If anyone has a PC affected by the abnormal behaviors mentioned on this thread (running the current v5 software), please email the address 'gotoservice@logmein.com' with the GoTo log files located in C:\Program Files (x86)\GoToAssist Remote Support Unattended\XXXXXXXXX\appdata

Thanks for your patience.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Mark_Jenkins
Active Contributor

Multiple unattended icons on taskbar

We are seeing a lot of machines with multiple icons on the taskbar (the most I have seen is 15) which will shrink back to one if you hover over with a mouse but in the task manager, we are now seeing many GoToAssistCrashHandler.exe processes. If you leave machine running the number will increase.

Machines are all running version 5.2.1.883 on Windows 10 and do seem to stay online.

Taskbar.jpg

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Multiple unattended icons on taskbar

@Mark_Jenkins  I'm sorry, this is a known issue we are currently addressing with the latest v5 installation.  This is a very high priority, and I expect more information within the coming days.

FreedomSolution
New Contributor

We are seeing this across our entire fleet 600+ laptops.

Hovering over the icons makes most of them vanish.  it appears that Logmein unattended support is crashing multiple times and restarting.

For the user who first reported this, are you using Intune/Endpoint to push the unattended package?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@FreedomSolution  Are you able to check for updates on one of the affected machines?  They should be available for Windows (v. 5.7.0.1541) and Mac (v. 5.7.0.1680).  

FreedomSolution
New Contributor

We have a small amount of users on the newer 5.7 release. Most are on 5.6.0.1373. 

I went ahead and updated my client to the latest one.

Another issue I noticed was that my machine was showing 2 installsgotoassist.PNG

I went ahead and removed both of them and installed the latest.  I have seen this before on other machines as well.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@FreedomSolution  After the re-install / update progress completes, do you see the same active behavior in the task bar? 

FreedomSolution
New Contributor

The exe and MSI for unattended installer is still showing 5.6.0.1373

Just tried the download from the site and from the gotoassist desktop application.

FreedomSolution
New Contributor

To be clear, all of our available downloads are the 5.6.0.1373 version.
bbazian219
Active Contributor

Re: Unattended access clients off line

I still have issues with computers going dark on the console.  I think it is time to look for another solution.  I have clients that I have reinstalled many times only to have the fall off again.  This has been going on way too long and I need a stable solution.