cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ulises Robert S

Re: Addition of security notice on www.FastSupport.com

also keep this in mind, they can use programs that rotate their IP addresses randomly. I personally have seen these types of programs out there, and have tested one to see how effective it is.. Let's just say that my router did not like it too much. lol I have since gotten rid of said program. Currently, I run a tech support business from my residence and have had a lot of clients call in w/ these types of issues.. I'm getting quite fed up w/ all the idiots ( aka scammers ) out there that are getting away w/ these attacks. As it seems that not even IC3 can really do anything about this, I'm wondering if anyone reading this has any suggestions on how we, (legitimate techs) can combat those that would take advantage of people that are not so tech savvy?
Segue Fischlin

I just got scammed (they post a number all over the internet (844-672-9115) as Facebook support) and there was NO warning as shown in the above screenshot.  Still don't know what damage might have been done but wasted 2 hrs of my day in damage control already.
ThomasHowardBro
Active Contributor

The rule of thumb is:  Don't search for "Microsoft Support" or "Facebook Support" or any other kind of support on Google or any other search engine.  Having scammers call you unsolicited is bad enough. Don't ever give them the pleasure of your placing an unsolicited call TO them. 
Segue Fischlin

Duh. 20/20 hindsight.
jOE51

This scam or 'scareware' trick is still in full force. The first thing that made me think it was a scam was that the box that appeared on my screen with their phone number to call was written with extremely poor grammar and the box would never close until I used taskmanager to kill it. YOU'RE COMPANY SHOULD BE MORE **PROACTIVE** ABOUT PREVENTING THESE SCAMS!!!!
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi Joe, the box that was displayed on your screen has nothing to do with our software and is beyond our control. These messages that are displayed telling you to call a phone number because your computer is at risk are generated on the websites you are visiting and software you have installed. I would recommend installing and using a good anti malware application like https://www.malwarebytes.com/  and a pop up blocker like https://www.ublock.org/

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
Dominique Taylo

(866) 853-5938 This is the number of was just contacted on from these people. I'm sharing the number in case they can be tracked!?! I doubt it but thought it was worth a shot.
Matt Mcghee

"your computer will be disabled if you do no contact help desk to prevent further damage to our network" 1-855-269-5777" was having trouble with wifi and needed to update driver it was supposed to be free.  I removed the driver update program from my computer and received this message.  I was totally fooled gave them access to my computer as it seemed like a Microsoft message board.  I hung up when the asked for 150$ and then uninstalled Go to Assist,  I do nog use credit cards on the internet how screwed am I?  
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi Matt,
I'm very sorry to hear about this abuse.

Please reference this article regarding fraudulent use of GoToAssist:  https://support.logmeininc.com/gotoassist-remote-support/help/report-abuse-g2ars040007

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
phobo

when will you guys stop lettting scammers from India use this !

you guys need stop all remote assit from India ! They are talking people into connecting to them first so they can remote connect to them and destroy and steal information from them ! This is a security issue and people think you guys are the ones doing it ! If you watch youtube on scammers and their is a lot they are always using your program giving you guys and the program a bad name and i'm sure will end up someone looking for a law suit one these days !