cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkeaton
Contributor

Chat Que - Shared Inbox

Hello! Hoping for some help /guidance - I wanted to review a text I have just "resolved" in the chat que. When I go to the Messages section

mkeaton_0-1704475961561.png

It shows all of  my chat que texts but it doesn't show any of the conversation. at the bottom of the window it has a msg:

mkeaton_1-1704476034696.png

That link "open shared inbox" goes to nothing, it reloads the page and takes me to the home page or phone section. Doesn't go to an inbox of any kind. I found a support page for it but it sounds like this inbox is for another product? We only have Contact Center.

mkeaton_2-1704476252788.png

Basically I resolved a conversation before it should have been ( wanted to tell them it was the wrong # since we don't actually use texting I usually just resolve everything and muscle memory kicked in).

I cant find a copy of that resolved text anywhere to reopen it or respond to it after the fact.  And I cant respond to it from my own msg section because of that inbox msg is blocking me from sending a msg. I CAN see the initial text on the cell phone app, but not on the desktop app or website (which is what I'm using). On the website you can only see the phone # but none of the conversation.

Any idea how to get to a resolved msg after the fact or UN-resolve it and respond?

Any idea  why that shared inbox link goes to nothingness? I'm guessing I missed something in the set up but looking at it I dont see any options to create a shared inbox or assign it to the chat q.

And lastly.. if the chat q has a schedule set to be always closed.. should text msgs still be dropping in the queue? because they are and that seems odd that I have to resolve chats that are still landing in the que if our text schedule is set to closed all hours.

Sorry for all the questions, no rush,  appreciate your help!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Chat Que - Shared Inbox

Hi @mkeaton the team confirmed that this would be expected behavior. 

Usually, an agent will respond when the business opens up the next day, it's just to set expectations that they won't get any reply until the next business hours.

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
KateG
GoTo Moderator

@mkeaton good to see you around and Happy New Year!

I'm not sure what's going on here and I'm checking with the team on this and hope to have a response for your soon. I'll post here as soon as I learn more. Thanks for your patience as always. 

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @mkeaton  From the team, resolved conversations are available to read only from the Analytics (which usually agents don't have access to unless they are also supervisors, but I am assuming you have those privileges). The only way an agent could communicate back to their customer is for the customer to send a new chat or for the agent to use another DID to text.

Let me know if this helps or if you have more questions, I'm happy to reach out. Thanks as always!

mkeaton
Contributor

@KateG Thank you for getting on those answered I think the only one thats left is this one :

"If the chat q has a schedule set to be always closed.. should text msgs still be dropping in the queue? because they are and that seems odd that I have to resolve chats that are still landing in the que if our text schedule is set to closed all hours."

I have the  chat q set to closed all hours, so  it provides patients with an auto reply saying basically we don't allow texting and to call the office with questions. However that doesn't seem to work  all the time I get maybe one successful auto reply a day. All the texts land in the chat q even if its set to closed. Can you confirm this is working as it should be? I couldn't find anything on this specific question in the support pages.

Thank you in advance!!

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @mkeaton the team confirmed that this would be expected behavior. 

Usually, an agent will respond when the business opens up the next day, it's just to set expectations that they won't get any reply until the next business hours.

mkeaton
Contributor

That works,  thank you!