cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RickHamell
Active Contributor

Closed Caption Telephones

Has anyone successfully used a Closed Caption telephone with Go To Connect? 

We are a senior living community. All of our Staff phones are VOIP phones, while all of our residents use analog phones routed through GrandStream analog gateways.

There is a huge desire among residents to have closed caption phones for those that are hard of hearing. 

The CapTel 2400i appears to be an VOIP phone, while the CapTel 840 is an analog only phone. Does Go To Connect pass through the Closed Captioning services on these phones or even a different model? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Closed Caption Telephones

@RickHamell It is possible: GoTo Connect can be used with captioned telephones available through state relay services. These phones require an analog connection, which GoTo Connect can provide via an analog telephone adaptor ATA

Potentially, your existing Grandstream Internet Gateways may work as an ATA already, but I am still trying to find if anyone on our side has experience with them. If they are not compatible it looks like you would need to purchase ATAs.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @RickHamell, welcome to the community.

I am checking with our team to see if anyone has any experience with Closed Captioning for telephones. I should have more info for you tomorrow.

RickHamell
Active Contributor

Thanks @GlennD ,  this is pretty big deal for us as it will literally decide if we stay with Go To Connect going forward. 

GlennD
GoTo Manager

@RickHamell It is possible: GoTo Connect can be used with captioned telephones available through state relay services. These phones require an analog connection, which GoTo Connect can provide via an analog telephone adaptor ATA

Potentially, your existing Grandstream Internet Gateways may work as an ATA already, but I am still trying to find if anyone on our side has experience with them. If they are not compatible it looks like you would need to purchase ATAs.

RickHamell
Active Contributor

OK, thank you. I will purchase a phone and test. The Grandstreams are ATAs, so this should be easy.