cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GJSchaller
Active Contributor

GoTo Connect Client 4.2.1 prompting for update, will not update

I'm currently running GoTo 0.415.0 4.2.1 (64-bit Machine Wide installer) on my Windows 10 laptop.  Starting last week, I saw a notice in the client that an update was available - despite clicking on the prompt, closing & restarting the app, and rebooting the computer, the message persists.  I see that 4.2.1 is also the latest version available for download.

Additionally - my client has started closing on its own, and I find I need to manually re-launch it two or three times a day.  This began about a day after the update notice appeared, but may or may not be related.

No error messages are displayed or reasons for the app to not update / restart are given, it just seems to be stuck trying to update itself and failing.  Co-Workers have reported the same issue in our internal chat.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GJSchaller
Active Contributor

Re: GoTo Connect Client 4.2.1 prompting for update, will not update

I was able to go to:

C:\Users\gschaller\AppData\Local\goto-updater\pending

And run the updater manually - I'm now on 4.3.2

I'll check with my team to see what may be blocking it, to see if it's something on our end.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @GJSchaller welcome to the GoTo Community

The most recent update is version 0.415.0 4.3.2 , if you aren't able to update, I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the app to ensure you are on the latest version. 

Are the others experiencing this issue using work computers and on the same network? This may suggest that something is conflicting with the GoTo Connect and we may need to delve deeper.  

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
GJSchaller
Active Contributor

Hi Kate, the downloads page at:

https://support.goto.com/connect/help/what-are-the-download-links-for-it-admin-deployments

Lists 4.2.1 as the latest version, I don't see 4.3.2 available.

I did a full uninstall, and when I rebooted, GoTo was still trying to load and run in the background.  I manually ended the tasks, deleted the folder from Program Files, and rebooted again, then reinstalled 4.2.1.  The update still fails with the same pattern - it will ask to close & restart, and then nothing happens, including no error message.

I do notice that any time I try to uninstall GoTo, my Outlook hangs - I didn't see an integration in the Outlook add-ins, but I may have missed it.

GJSchaller
Active Contributor

I was able to go to:

C:\Users\gschaller\AppData\Local\goto-updater\pending

And run the updater manually - I'm now on 4.3.2

I'll check with my team to see what may be blocking it, to see if it's something on our end.