cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UnrulyCryptid
New Contributor

Mass issues with Headset Controls

We have multiple users with GoTo softphones using the goto connect app and we are using polycom voyager 4320 wireless headsets. Some of the users (not all!) are not able to use the headset call button to answer or hang up on phone calls. They will hear "answering call" and then nothing happens. I had the same issue with mine, and I resolved my own issue by closing PolyLens app. This did not resolve the issue for other users. Goto support suggested calling Polycom, but I don't see how that is the issue of the headset just yet... anyone else have suggestions? 

The users with ongoing issues never had the headset controls working.

13 REPLIES 13
mkeaton
Frequent Contributor

Re: Mass issues with Headset Controls

Possible to change them to the old soft phone? We had to put all our users back on that to get the wrap up window to show itself,  something to try maybe?

mkeaton_0-1715980035537.png

Other stuff to try would be to try the web / browser app (app.goto.com) to see if the controls work with that.

In the app there are also keyboard short cuts, might see if that works to pick up the line. 

Just stuff to give a go! Hope something works for you, those are some nice headsets 😃

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @UnrulyCryptid  Welcome to the GoTo Community

In addition to the tips @mkeaton mentions (great to see you mk!) you may want to refer to this article here to ensure that the impacted users have enabled the headset option in the app settings. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
MGracia
New Contributor

Hi, 

My team and I own the Poly Voyager Focus 2 Series and are experiencing the same issue. When we first received them, the team was able to answer calls by using the headset button, later after the last update, that functionality was lost. Now you hear "Answering call" but it never does. 

I attempted using old softphone version to no avail. Checked 'handset control' ON, which now the software seems to disable after a while, but to no avail. Even tried the web version, no luck. 

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@MGracia Welcome to the GoTo Community , 

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues. Here are a few troubleshooting steps to try:

1. Verify that the audio settings on the app are correct.
2. Restart the app 

3. Reinstall the app.

If the issue persists, please reach out to our customer support team. They can assist you further and test your setup over the phone.

To help us better understand the problem, could you let me know how long the app worked correctly and when it stopped working? I'll share this information with our team.

UnrulyCryptid
New Contributor

I have tried to contact GoTo support and also Polycom support to no avail. What I have found to work is to disable Teams and Poly Lense from starting up on boot. GoTo app conflicts with both Teams and Poly Lens. Then I reboot and it seems to be working. It is the web hid protocol that they seem to fight over and gets weird if all the apps start up at once. 

It doesn't make sense that we can't use Teams at the same time, Teams is an industry standard... but this workaround has been working so far.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@UnrulyCryptid thanks for sharing your workaround.

I see that your case was escalated to a Level 2 agent to investigate further, an email was sent on 7/8 requesting a follow-up. I would recommend letting them take a look. 

Thanks again for sharing your experience.

MGracia
New Contributor

Thank  you @UnrulyCryptid  for the workaround, we do not have Teams installed in our system, I did have PolyLens installed, I uninstalled it and rebooted my GoTo app, ensuring the headset control option was enabled. Now I have gained functionality of answering calls again via the button on the headset, as well as hanging up the calls. 

I wish we could place the calls on hold again by pushing the button, but instead it hangs up. 

Still better than it was previously, now our team can answer those calls while away from their desks. 

Thanks for the tip!

MGracia
New Contributor

Well, it seems that I was too hasty and assumed since it worked for me, it would work the same way for the rest of the team. Unfortunately, I was wrong on my assumption, my team tried the same process as I did, but the headsets still are unable to answer calls from pushing the answer button. 

I guess we're standing by a permanent solution. 😥

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@MGracia sorry to hear this, I'm sure it must be frustrating. 

I do recommend you reach out to our customer support team who can take a look at your system and make recommendations.