cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coryL

Second incoming call alert?

I just took over admin of our Goto PBX. I'm familiar with other systems and this one seems to be well thought out and pretty easy to work with.

However, we have a call queue that has two people in it. One person for AM and one person for PM with no overlap. The idea of the call queue is so more incoming calls stack up behind the currently active call.

But there does not seem to be any way to tell that a second call is holding in the queue. I don't know if we have the right add-on maybe? When I create a call queue I can only make a "basic" one. So, I don't have access to the analytics, etc., I cannot set Supervisor or Agent roles, etc.

I just want to know if I am on the phone with Caller A, that Caller B is waiting on hold for me next - so I can cut my current call short or even answer the second call with the first going to hold?

Been wracking my brain on this and the best I can see from the documentation and videos is that without the add-on for analytics there's not a way to see this in the softphone software.

Any help or suggestions is appreciated. The only thing I can think of is to add extra extensions to each of us and point them at our cell phones, so we can see them ring if need be to know someone else is waiting.

At a loss here, this seems like normal functionality whether you are in a call queue or not to see that someone else is trying to call you as well.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Second incoming call alert?

Hi @coryL, welcome to the community.

Basically your phone is only aware of the call you are currently taking. With GoTo Connect Contact Center there are dashboards like the Supervisor Dashboard that allows a Supervisor to see what is happening. 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @coryL, welcome to the community.

Basically your phone is only aware of the call you are currently taking. With GoTo Connect Contact Center there are dashboards like the Supervisor Dashboard that allows a Supervisor to see what is happening. 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
stevenmackie

We are interested in the same feature. It would be very helpful while on the phone with Caller A to know that Caller B is calling and in the queue.

SoMol

Unfortunately, you should not rely on the advice of customer service. Most of the time they've given me wrong advice as you can see.

There's an option in the setting for queue that asks if an active agent should receive a call. The options are never, on personal calls, on all calls. If you select on all calls, it should work as long as your phone has the capability of receiving multiple calls. I'm not an expert, but at least that's how it works in our system