cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Hi LogMeIn,

Transcriptions should be enabled automatically especially if you're not able to have it work for previous meetings, becuase if you don't notice it's not working (or you assume it would be turned on with the proper plan) you can go several meetings before realizing that you don't have the transcription you were relying on.  

If there is a reason for not enabling automatic transcription then turning it on should a be one-click process. As of right now it seems you need to make sure it's enabled in a couple of places and also that you don't have a user (or yourself) on a free account (or something like that - I ran into someone else running into that issue).

Thanks for your consideration.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Feedback: enable transcription option automatically

Hi  @CM100 ,

Since this is such a new function for GoToMeeting, I don't know what the final feature set will default to once it's rolled out to all customers.  There may be some additional privacy concerns with automatically enabling it, and the features are still evolving...

Active Contributor

Thanks @AshC

Right - I can see how automatically enabling may have some issues.

But for those customers who do have the option it be clearer/easier to enable it and double check that it's functioning, especially if you can't go back and add the transcription later.

Are you an employee of LogMeIn or just someone in the know.

LogMeIn Contributor

@CM100  Thanks, that's good feedback.  Yes, I am an LMI employee here.  You can identify all company contributors by their Community title.

Active Contributor

@AshC thanks again.

Just FYI, I went back into my settings just out of wanting to have this never happen again that I hold a meeting and don't have a transcription of it which makes it so much easier to take notes from, etc.

Not only did I have to dig in all kinds of pages because there is no easy way to see that it's enabled and turned on - but when I got to the page, it was showing disabled again.

I had not turned it off or done anything in the settings that should have turned it off after support enabled it for me and tested it.

I did enable it again and will from now on double check that page before I start a meeting, but just reconfirming the point that it should be easy and prominent to see whether that feature is enabled and working properly.