cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TWOSK
Active Contributor

My meeting ID suddenly is invalid

I have a reoccurring meeting with this link: https://meet.goto.com/xxxxxxxxx. It was working before, now it doesn't. Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: My meeting ID suddenly is invalid

Hi @TWOSK 

I'm afraid that meeting ID is older than 12 months, and was automatically recycled by the system.  If you need IDs to last longer than 12 months you need to schedule them as 'recurring / rooms' event instead of a specific date. 

Here's a reference for better explanation: https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/what-is-the-difference-between-a-one-time-meeting-and-a-rooms-... 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi @TWOSK 

I'm afraid that meeting ID is older than 12 months, and was automatically recycled by the system.  If you need IDs to last longer than 12 months you need to schedule them as 'recurring / rooms' event instead of a specific date. 

Here's a reference for better explanation: https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/what-is-the-difference-between-a-one-time-meeting-and-a-rooms-... 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
TWOSK
Active Contributor

Hi, 

@AshC the meeting no older than 2 months. Last week it was working fine.

@PaigeP it does not show in the list. Not all my meetings show up in the list, but other meetings are working fine.

Perhaps it is something in your system that has been changed/updated? Actually this happened earlier,  I had to delete the link and generate a new one. This time many people are invited and changing the link would be the last effort.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @TWOSK,

I am not aware of a change being made, however, if you want to schedule once and reuse the same meeting multiple times I would recommend using the Reusable meeting room option. While one-off meeting IDs did not expire automatically in the past, they were only meant to be used for a single meeting. 

GlennD_0-1654554581971.png

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
TWOSK
Active Contributor

Hi @GlennD ,

there are several problems with reusable rooms. They all contain the same link. In case of several meetings in a row, I need to dismiss existing users while other users trying to connect, notifications are flashing and it is kind of distracting.  With a unique link there is no such problem. 

By the way, there are no such options in google calendar.  

TWOSK_0-1654592360943.png

GlennD
GoTo Manager

So in that situation, I would recommend that you schedule dedicated meetings that would only be used once.  If you have multiple meetings that occur weekly/monthly you could schedule a dedicated meeting room for each so that the attendees are different but you can reuse the same meeting and the meeting ID won't expire and become invalid.

TWOSK
Active Contributor

@GlennD  how to do that from google calendar? I only have 2 options here:

TWOSK_0-1654689571266.png

2 option created a room with a link which is the same in all the cases.

Is there another way?

GlennD
GoTo Manager

So currently, the Google integration only offers your main personal meeting room, even if you have other meeting rooms configured in your account. I am putting in a request to the team to see if there are plans to address this. In the mean time you would need to manually paste in the meeting room details when you are scheduling the meetings in Google Calendar.