cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
To help support our community and customers during the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), LogMeIn is providing free Emergency Remote Work Kits for Health Care Providers, Educational Institutions, Municipalities, Non-Profit organizations, and current LogMeIn customers. For more information please visit https://www.gotomeeting.com/work-remote
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: iPad and iPhone Screen share timing out after about 5 minutes

@gchristou There is a known Apple behavior where if an App is inactive in the background for 5+ minutes, then the connection will time out locally.  If you try dialing into the conference via telephone, then this may improve your experience while multitasking on your mobile device.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Just got totally F'd in a huge meeting because of this.    Meeting was started then the ipad was made the presenter to share the steps our mobile staff uses.   after a couple minutes it drops.     Nothing like haveing the entire company and board members looking at you for answers why this application shti the bed.    Got me.  lets try it again and again.     major failure and I look like an idiot.    It made for a great day.

I will be researching other alternaitves.   im tired of this program leaving me stranded.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

so why is the App seen inactive to get

@AshC wrote:

@gchristouThere is a known Apple behavior where if an App is inactive in the background for 5+ minutes, then the connection will time out locally.  If you try dialing into the conference via telephone, then this may improve your experience while multitasking on your mobile device.

shut it down after 5 Minutes while a screen share is happening withinthe APP?
How to avoid this as i see an upcoming problem rolling out G2M to our folks that have iPad only and screen sharing is a key feature they will be using?

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@Tho-Mas This iOS behavior occurs when the user opens another app in the foreground, sending GoToMeeting to the background.  Apple is trying to conserve energy by killing off background apps that the user is not actively monitoring. 

Highlighted
Active Contributor

thanks for quick response; what I do not understand is, when using the "share screen" within running GoTo session, and share the screen with others (a Powerpoint presentation as example launched from the PPT App on the device), why is there no mechanism in the GoTo App preventing it getting turned off to save battery through the iOS?
Screen Sharing (recording) is useless functionality if limited to 5 minutes!
Is that behaviour still around since this post is not so brandnew? I am now on 7.5.04 Version and cannot replicate this 5 minute behaviour, BUT while testing that today I was facing 2 times the GoTo session turned off while  sharing from Powerpoint with following error
GoToError.png
Does anybody know or tested this already?

Highlighted
New Contributor

This used to work properly.   We were trying to just broadcast the apple home screen and open a PDF to fill out.  after about 20 second (not 5 minutes) it drops the connection.

We trained all of our technicians on the tablets this way a year or so ago.   Whats changed?

Highlighted
Active Contributor

interestingly, TEAMS, using the same BROADCAST feature, does not show that problem

Highlighted
New Contributor

did you find any solution sir i to have same problem

Highlighted
New Contributor

No new fix for us.   I gave up.    It used to work fine.

Good luck.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello,

We just released a fix for this problem that should resolve the disconnect behavior while in session.  Please check for an updated GoToMeeting mobile app for download through your App Store and test the improved functionality.