cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SAZickefoose
Active Contributor

Attendance reports and time in session discrepancy

We have been having challenges with attendee reports and "time in session" information. The report will show that folks participated; however, if they switch devices during the session their second sign in is not included in the time in session information. One of our requirements for receiving credit for a session is a "time in session" requirement. In attempt to remedy the attendee report issues, we send emails to individuals with questionable "time in session" reports, to request information about participation and double-check their participation using the chat log. We had a session last week where the trainer is not able to locate the chat log on her computer after the training and two participants with time in session concerns. So I have a couple of questions:

• Is there a better way to address the "time in session" reporting issue?
  • Is it possible to pull a chat log from a training from the admin reporting options?
7 REPLIES 7
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Attendance reports and time in session

Hi @SAZickefoose chat logs should automatically be saved to your Documents folder as you can see in Glenn's post here.

For the attendee report, I tested registering and changing devices, when using the same registration link the report notes my attendance on the same line and combined the total in the 'time in session' column, so if your registrants are using a link there shouldn't be an issue.

Let me know how they are joining again which is causing their attendance not to register and we can take a look on our side. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
SAZickefoose
Active Contributor

Hi Kate - Thanks for your response! The trainer has looked through her documents folder and has not been able to find the chat log for the session. She does work in state government and I'm wondering if they have filtered it out as a "dangerous" file. Is there any way I can pull those from the admin reporting? I looked and it didn't appear that I could do that, but wanted to ask.

The attendance report issue with folks changing devices has been an off and on issue since the GTT transition. We have been able to discern that it is generally when folks switch to a mobile device using the same link they originally used to join. When they log back in the system does not always record their return. It is inconsistent so we have also wondered if this is somehow compounded by spotty internet connections. I do not have any training going on the rest of this week; however, I will watch closely next week and see what additional information I may be able to gather from an attendee who experiences this.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @SAZickefoose chat logs would not be available in an admin account. Do they have the button enabled to automatically download chat messages as seen in Glen's post

There should be some record of attendance when a person enters the training again. Even if they entered by using the ID, there would still be a second record of someone attending. Please let me know if you see it again. 

Danielle DePalo
New Contributor

We are having an issue with this. A person in the Attendee report for yesterday's course shows being in the class for 7 minutes, but they were there the entire time. We ask 2 poll questions each hour and the person answered all of them. Their answers were recorded and show on the report, but again, the report states she was only in attendance for 7 minutes which would be impossible. Our attendees' credit for the courses are based on their attendance so this is concerning when we can't verify correctly.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @Danielle DePalo welcome to the GoTo Community. 

Our support team can take a look and see what may have happened. If you Message Me here (button is on the right) the Training ID and email of the attendee I can create a case for you.

You can also reach out to customer support directly here

Danielle DePalo
New Contributor

Hello Kate,

Please let me know  if you need any additional information.

Thanks,

Danielle

Moderator edit: removed personal information 

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@Danielle DePalo thanks for the further information. I created a case for you, someone from our support team will be reaching out shortly.