cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Re: Audio and Video Out of Sync

Hi,

I was delivering a live webinar, the sync was fine during the webinar. attendees all confirmed no problems (they were hard to please and would DEFINATELY have said if there was the slightest issue!) It was only the recording that was affected

@AshC wrote:

Hi @Paulhesp ,

Sorry for the recording troubles there. 

Was this only affecting your GoToMeeting recordings, or are you also hosting Webinars as well?

LogMeIn Contributor

@Paulhesp  OK.  Was this your local desktop recording copy, or one that you downloaded from your online account?  Could you specify what operating system and GoToMeeting version you have set up there?

New Contributor

Hi,

I've no idea what version we use, I can'y see anything that tells me.

The recording wasn't downloaded fro online server. At the end of the webinar a colleague was prompted by GTM  to convert the file, it was then saved locally. She saved the file in a Dropbox folder so colleagues who missed the webinar could access it. That's what prompted all the complaints. The xolleague who created the recording was using a Mac, so her operating system would have been iOS. 

What we really need to know is can the recording be salvaged? It is essential that the sunc problems in this recording are resolved. 

LogMeIn Contributor

@Paulhesp  If you had a Co-Organizer recording simultaneously, then they would have a different, desktop-saved copy of the recording.  Both the Online and Desktop recordings take time to 'process' or 'convert' the recordings, so they have that in common. 

What I want to know is:  if you have an online copy still, what is the quality like when you stream that back?  And if you download a fresh copy from your online account, is there also a delay in the audio?

New Contributor

I didn't know there was an online file also. I'll try to locate it and check it out. Thanks for your perseverance!
LogMeIn Contributor

@Paulhesp  Not every account is set up to record to the cloud.  If you only have a local copy, then I'm afraid you will have to use some video editing equipment to separate and then re-sync the audio and video from the problem recording.

New Contributor

Well, I see where recordings in the cloud should be now, but there are none,  The account settings do show 

"Cloud Recordings

Your recordings are being stored in the cloud and are available online here:

https://global.gotomeeting.com/#meetings/past"

so that must be an error.

Assuming then there is no cloud copy, it looks like we should be able to locate a copy in mt colleague's Ducuments/Recordings folder, is that right? Presumably if we find this I can see if the sync is ok on that version...

LogMeIn Contributor

@Paulhesp   Yes, the Documents folder is the default location on most PCs, however you may also search the entire HD by the title of your scheduled webinar.

If Cloud Recording is not working for you, first try toggling off/on the online recording functionality in your account.  If still failing after that, it is most likely connection related at the Organizer's PC, where a sporadic or failed network will force the software to keep the recording locally for reliability-sake.

New Contributor

You've been really helpful.

Dare I ask one more thing?... if I can find the recording in the Document/Recording/Original folder, will it be in some strange file format rather than MP4? If so, will I somehow be able to convert it again? 

LogMeIn Contributor

@Paulhesp  Unconverted, original audio/video files will appear strange, but fully converted should either be MP4 or MOV.