cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kyotoclub
New Contributor

Connection between GoToWebinar Platform with the Cam Link Elgato Game Capture HD

Hello everyone, we have problems with the connection of the following capture images device with the  GoToWebinar platform: Elgato Game Capture HD.
The same device is compatible with other paltforms, such as Youtube and Skype. 
Using the GoToWebinar platform we can choose between the several video devices options and the Elgato Game Capture HD is there. But if we select this one, the platform can not load the video.
We hope you can help us! 
11 REPLIES 11
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Connection between GoToWebinar Platform with the Cam Link Elgato Game Capture HD

GoTo recognizes anything the computer sees as a webcam.  I have not tried the Elgato, but maybe others have.

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Connection between GoToWebinar Platform with the Cam Link Elgato Game Capture HD

Hi @kyotoclub,

Does the interface you are trying to use come with any software that allows you to alter it's settings?  I would try adjusting the resolution and other settings if possible, it may be higher than what GoToWebinar supports.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
WebExpert
New Contributor

Hi We can also confirm that GoToWebinar does not work with the Camlink Elgato card even though other platrorms recognise it.

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Hey there,

It appears that this converter is not currently compatible, similar to other video camera converters on the market.  Unfortunately GoTo services do not have the ability yet to integrate with this type of advanced functionality, and are primarily looking for a plug-and-play desktop webcam.

cr08
Active Contributor

Reviving a dead thread but just found this and thought I'd chime in for some helpful info. I've posted about it in another more recent thread here so I'll summarize:

While the Elgato Cam Link (and 4k) will act as a normal webcam, one key difference to standard webcams is the Cam Link will only surface a single resolution option to the client, that being what your camera is feeding over HDMI. Most webcams will have a plethora of resolution options for the client to choose from.

From testing, it seems GoToMeeting doesn't like resolutions higher than 720p (might need further testing to nail down exactly what the limits are). In my case 1080p30 and 1080p60 refused to work. Dropping my camera down to 720p30 allowed GTM to pick it up and work as normal.

Hope this maybe helps the commentors here and also others who drop across this especially with recent happenings and more Work From Home setups.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

GoTo claims the webcam is "640p x 480p for a maximum resolution of 1920p x 960p."

scanthis
New Contributor

I can also confirm that 1080i also chokes G2M.

Brogs1
New Contributor

I figured this out! As a non-technical person, it is quite a feat. It involves downscaling the output of the Camlink 4K to 720p using the OBS open-source software, and then using a plug-in for OBS called VirtualCam.

For the first part about downscaling, use these instructions (particularly the rescale output part): https://blog.mobcrush.com/getting-your-video-settings-right-in-obs-7eb43d23de36

And for instructions on the plug-in, use these instructions (particularly the virtualcam part): https://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/obs-studio-for-streaming-and-videoconferencing/#:~:text=Plug%20the%....

Just doing that works, but when I went to GoToMeeting it looked zoom in, so then I clicked on the image in OBS and made it smaller using the drag points so it would fit more of my image in the screen. If you have GoToMeeting open while you do it you can see the resizing in real time.

It seems you will have to open up OBS, open up Virtual Cam and click start every single time, so not ideal, but it works.

cr08
Active Contributor

This works ok if you have the option of using OBS. You can also save a step if your camera has the option you can simply have it reduce what resolution it is outputting. My Panasonic DMC-G85 it is simply a case of going into the video recording settings and changing the recording format/resolution. This effects the HDMI resolution as well.