cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Connection error

I am working with a Lenovo laptop, Win10 (x64), on a domain network, with fairly new Fortinet firewall.  

My supplier is presenting Webinars every week for 6 weeks.

2 weeks ago, my coworker (the desk just beside me) and me, attended a  webinar from our supplier and everything worked fine.

Last week, and this week, it worked for my co-worker, but not for me. I tried the same steps as before: Follow the invitation sent by the presenter than, accepted the install, it installed without error and waited to join. Sometimes it shows me that I am waiting the session to start, even if it is stated, or after 30 sec, gave me the error that the connection failed.

Tried to download and install separately, without any change. Tried to stop the task, reinstall, nothing worked.

All that time my co-worker can follow the webinar under the same conditions, aka: internet connection, firewall, environment.

Any ideas? 

5 REPLIES 5
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Connection error

Hi there,

Have you tested the GoToWebinar join flow with your firewall disabled, to ensure that a specific setting there is not blocking the connection from success?

New Contributor

Yes, I disabled the firewall of my computer. It's not the companies firewall since it works my coworker.

LogMeIn Contributor

Depending on how you 'disabled' the firewall, it could still be making decisions based on previous behavior.  Try this test meeting when you have a moment:  https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/join-a-test-session-g2m050001

New Contributor

Tried the test, and it works.

But the problem I experienced, has the same symptoms but still did not work.

When I join a real webinar, I get the first message 'connect the audio on computer or phone line' then I get 'waiting for the webinar to start'. But the webinar has started, and I am still waiting! Even after 15 min. that it has started, I am still waiting. Even if I disconnect and reconnect no change.

I have another webinar today, I will test again. 

LogMeIn Contributor

If you're stuck on the 'Waiting' screen, this is sometimes indicative of a local firewall (or malware) in action on your system.  In this case, you may want to reach out to this security provider and reference our IP ranges: https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/optimal-firewall-configuration-g2m060010