cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Error using instant web connect on a chromebook

Up until maybe 1 month ago, I was able to click a link in my email and I could instantly join a webinar within my Chrome browser (using my Chromebook). Lately I am getting this error (pic attached), but the webinar works fine if I use my Windows laptop or iPad. Any thoughts?
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Error using instant web connect on a chromebook

Hi Jeff, I'm sorry to hear this issue has been affecting you for more than a few weeks now. Have you already checked for any recent updates for either Chrome or the ChromeOS?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi Michael, thanks for replying... yes, everything is up-to-date. If it helps, my current ChromeOS is Version 57.0.2951.0
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Jeff,
Could you confirm the version of Chrome web browser you are utilizing?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi Ash, I believe it's 57.0, but I can't see any additional details since I'm using ChromeOS. All I see under my "About" is the info regarding the OS version. Does that help?
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Jeff,

I suspect you might be using one of the beta/development builds of Chrome OS, which may explain your issue. The current stable version of the Chrome browser is v55, with v56 Google will be changing what security certificates they will support and we have already heard from some Chrome beta testers that this affects access to our websites. We will be updating our website certificates in time for the release of Chrome v56 stable.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!