cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

G2W on iPad Pro (USB C) does not send audio to TV Screen

interestingly, a new iPad Pro, connected through USBc -> HDMI to a Big TV Screen in a meeting room

does not send Audio to the TV Screen when attending a Webinar

Picture is there, Audio remains on the iPad Pro

Other Apps, like Youtube, Skype, Teams, G2M, used through the same configuration, work perfectly well!

means: Audio and Video coming from the connected TV Screen
G2W App on the device is latest version, iOS is latest 13.*

No experienc from the past is available as the iPads are brand new

Any idea?

4 REPLIES 4
Respected Contributor

Re: G2W on iPad Pro (USB C) does not send audio to TV Screen

It should not be that way.  The HDMI protocol should not allow it.

The HDMI TV should send an Extended Display Identification Data (EDID) signal to the iPad telling the iPad that it is capable of projecting both the video and audio.  Somehow that signal is corrupted or ignored, and the iPad is sending only the video to the TV.

Did you connect the iPad to the HDMI TV before starting the webinar?  This should not make a difference.

Did you try any of those other applications (YouTube, etc.) right after the GoTo failure?

My guess is that some program on the iPad has grabbed hold of the audio and won't let the HDMI TV take it.

Try rebooting the iPad, TV, and anything else in between.

Maybe the problem is between the GoTo software and the USB port. Maybe the audio is not even getting to the HDMI adapter.

Active Contributor

thanks a lot

will ask to try that out

LMI Support called, mentioned

Logmein doesn’t support audio, when you use a usb type c connection ipad with TV on gotowebinar

sounds strange to me

Respected Contributor

So it must be that GoTo does not send it's audio to the USB-C port.  Hopefully, they can look into that.

LogMeIn Contributor

@Chris Droessler It's not that GoTo doesn't recognize USB-C ports, but I'd say this is specific to their set up between the iOS and TV device.  Unfortunately there's not enough information yet to say what went wrong there.