Today is Friday, April 19th and there is still NO resolution to the GTM loader software bug. Every time I call in there is another workaround that requires the user to have admin rights. If you want to call yourself an Enterprise level support company you MUST know that creating a workaround that requires Admin Rights is absurd.
I need an answer to the following as soon as possible:
I understand that SW bugs will present themselves from time to time, but how much longer will this continue?
How much longer will I have to keep explaining to my executives that our vendor is having a problem that is negatively impacting the Critical Learning function?
In addition to that million dollar question, I have a few more that should be answered:
1. Why is it that your Status Website (https://status.gotomeeting.com/) shows "No Incidents Reported" all the way back to April 5th. That seems disingenuous at best.
- I had one of my students look up "Known Issues for GOTO" and found the "All Clear" message on this website and then basically accused ME AND MY DEPARTMENT of being dishonest.
- How can I ever trust GOTO when you are not being honest about your own mistakes.
2. Why are you suggesting that the issue is caused because of audio drivers when that process causes its own issues?
- We use softphone clients so disabling the audio driver MIGHT help your buggy SW function, but it will cause further issues post-webinar?
I am trying to give you feedback from a LONG time, invested user of your services. It will be very painful for us to de-couple our LMS from GOTO but the way you have handled this item has brought that to the table.
This is your thing, act like it or I will find a vendor that can handle our needs.
I apologize for the frustration, we have a release that compensates for this issue tested and are in the process of releasing it. Customers should have it next week.
The issue itself is caused by 3rd party software that a small number of customers have installed, after testing and verifying the cause we worked on developing an update to our software that would compensate for the issue. We attempted to work directly with the vendor of this 3rd party software but were unable to. It is my understanding that updated versions of this 3rd party software do not cause the same issue.
Our service status page is reserved for service disruptions or outages. As this issue was limited to a small number of customers with specific hardware it is not something that we would post there. We have however been tracking reports from customers and relaying updates here in the community as the situation has progressed.
Yes, the release notes are here