cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Hand Raising Randomly.

Just took part in a meeting where my hand was raised randomly several (7-8) times without my input. This meeting was recorded, and will now feature me apologizing and explaining over and over again that I didn't actually have my hand up.

Need a fix, or I can't use this anymore.

8 REPLIES 8
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Hand Raising Randomly.

Hi there,

Sorry, I don't think I have heard of this situation before.  Could you specify what operating system you were using, and if joining through a web browser or native GoToWebinar app?

New Contributor

Mac OSX 10.12.6, Last update to go to was August 22, 2019,  joined with the email link that takes you to a webpage then opens the app.

Search you own forums then. It shows up a couple of times back in 2016-17

This was seriously embarrasing. 

LogMeIn Contributor

It sounds like you were using the web app for GoToWebinar.  Specifically which web browser were you using, with what version installed? 

Have you tried the desktop software, or was this strictly a webcast-type webinar that was hosted?

New Contributor

I have the app, but I clicked a link, it sent me to a webpage that then opened 'GoToOpener'. there was no other option. Safari 12.1.2

LogMeIn Contributor

Thank you for the added information.  If you are still concerned about this occurring again, you may file a case with Customer Support by phone, in order to gather the necessary log files from your Mac and investigate further.

New Contributor

Well, that wasn't the least bit helpful, and I am a little concerned that you seem to think it was.

Will be suggeting a move away from the platform.

LogMeIn Contributor

There's no way to tell from our end what was happening on your PC at that time, unless we can investigate your specific environment.  We do not have any tickets currently tracking any problems with GoToWebinar hand-raising, so if you can contact us directly, at your convenience we could then investigate your issue further.

Respected Contributor

fastkayak

What AshC is saying is that Customer Support can help you find log files on your computer that might have some insight into why this is happening.  It might be just your particular combination of computer, operating system, and GoTo version.  It might even be the name you used when you logged in.  (Yes, that has been a problem in the past.) Whatever it is, there are hidden files on your computer that contain the clues they need to remedy the problem.

This forum is a great place to get suggestions from other users, but sometimes the issue goes beyond what we can offer here, and that is where customer support comes in.  Give them a call. They really want you to have a successful experience with GoTo.