cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
To help support our community and customers during the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), LogMeIn is providing free Emergency Remote Work Kits for Health Care Providers, Educational Institutions, Municipalities, Non-Profit organizations, and current LogMeIn customers. For more information please visit https://www.gotomeeting.com/work-remote
Highlighted
New Contributor

No audio in video recording

We recently held a webinar and attempted to make a recording. In the recording, we can see the screen fine but there is no audio. I tried reconverting the original to mp4 (the original conversion had been wmv) and no luck. Operating system is Windows10 Pro. Only things I can think of were:

- the webinar was not actually broadcasting at the time. however, we could hear the sound amongst the organizers during the webinar
- the webinar was recorded on a different computer than the speakers were using. however, we've done this before without issue

I do have the original still and since I tried converting it twice I'm guessing it was an issue with the recording rather than the conversion Please help!

Note that we do NOT have online recording enabled (so the local version is the only one I have).
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Re: No audio in video recording

Hi Will,

So the organizer never actually started the broadcast at all? Was everyone in the webinar a panelist, were there no regular attendees?

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Will,
Sorry about that. 
Can you try to change the original file extension from .g2m to .wmv, and play it back to see if there was any sound captured?

Highlighted
New Contributor

That did not appear to work. Any other suggestions?
Highlighted
New Contributor

Yes - it was for recording purposes only.
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Will,
If the original file is also corrupt, I'm afraid there's not much we can do after the fact.  Alternatively, I might suggest GoToWebinar's Online Recording functionality-- which can make a copy of your recording while in session, and automatically stores the file to your account with a link available to attendees afterwards.

Reference guide for choosing the recording upload