cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

Play video before starting broadcast

Hello,

We are interested in showing a loop video in the waiting room before the braodcast starts for thos early attendees who are joining before the start time.

Is this possible? 

If it is not possible, would it work if I was to start the broadcast and go straight to playing the video?

This second option is not ideal because we generally meet with the presenters about 10 minutes before the live broadcast and use that time to test audio, webcam, sharing screens etc and this would no longer be possible if the video was playing.

Thank you,

Daita

4 REPLIES 4
Active Contributor

Re: Play video before starting broadcast

As a follow-up to this question, I found another thread (albeit two-four years old) which concluded that attendees cannot hear or see webcams while waiting for the broadcast to start but can see screenshares. I was very surprised to find this out and I am wondering if this is true? Organizers would never know this since this part does not show up on the recording.  

If IT IS true, then perhaps I could use that feature to show a video?

Thanks for all your insights,

Daita

LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @DS2018 ,

GoToWebinar's Practice Mode will not share Staff audio or video until the Organizer clicks the button for Start Broadcast.  I have archived the older Community thread as it references the previous webinar functionality.

Active Contributor

Hi AshC, thank you for letting me know about Practice Mode. I'll have to try it out, I think I did once and wasn't comfortable that it would work propery.

However, do you have an answer for my original question regarding the video to be shown in the waiting room?

Thanks,

Daita

LogMeIn Contributor

@DS2018  There is nothing you can share with attendees while the webinar is not broadcasting --- besides a welcome text message in their control panel.  If you wanted that text message to include a video link, that would work also, leading them outside the GoToWebinar platform to your streaming video system.