cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Play video embedded in PowerPoint and mix multiple computers and cameras to a GoToWebinar -

Many suggestions made here in these discussions do get incorporated into future versions of the GoTo program.

Playing a video from your desktop that includes music has been discussed, and hopefully will be incorporated soon.

gkv
Active Contributor

Re: Play video embedded in PowerPoint and mix multiple computers and cameras to a GoToWebinar -

Thanks for sharing this!

Does this solution capture the sound of the video?

When a video is being played on the first computer, it goes through VGA-HDMI-ATEMI-USBc it's just a picture, right?

What model of the device do you use?

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

The video from the first computer, including the sound, goes through an HDMI input on the ATEM Mini video switcher.  The output of the switcher is the video, including the sound, that enters the second computer via USB as a webcam, including sound. 

The computer I am using for the video playback does not have a HDMI output. To convert VGA to HDMI I am using a converter from IO Crest, model SY-ADA31025.

https://www.amazon.com/IOCrest-Converter-Adapter-Support-Desktop/dp/B006FILNV6/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&g... 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

I wanted to update the Community on some recent testing we've done with Blackmagic hardware and current Mac operating systems!

This solution should work with Mac OS + Blackmagic ATEM Mini + any HDMI input.  The key is to use OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) as a virtual camera driver to map Blackmagic device output to a proper format to use it in G2W.

1. Install OBS (Open Broadcaster Software)
  2. In OBS create a scene setup with 1280x720@30fps
  3. Make sure the Blackmagic device is on and connected.
  4. In OBS add a Video Capture Device to the scene, open its properties and select Blackmagic device (1280x720)
  5. In OBS now select Start Virtual Camera
  6. In the GoTo desktop software you may now select OBS Virtual Camera as an input device

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

AshC

Which problem does this solve? 

• webcam resolution is now 720 vertical
  • webcam image is not cropped
  • webcam image can be flipped horizontally
  • webcam sound is not run through the G2W downward expander audio filter
  • something else

Thanks for the update.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Chris Droessler  During our testing there was no flipping or vertical transfer of the image, so we wanted to mainly confirm and simplify the directions when using Blackmagic on Macs in order to successfully transfer an HDMI feed into GoToWebinar.

We have added the advanced audio filter disablement back into the endpoint recently (I believe this is on Mac & Windows), so check that out with regards to the audio performance. 

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

What do you mean by "We have added the advanced audio filter disablement back into the endpoint recently" ?

I just opened a webinar and do not see a switch (or an "endpoint").  Maybe I am looking in the wrong place, or do I need to force a download of the new version?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Chris Droessler  It should be in the Audio section of GoToMeeting's desktop settings, though I'm not 100% about Mac yet.  The version is 10.15.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

I am running 10.15, but do not see that option in the Mac version.  I hope to soon.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: GTW/GTM failed to initialize webcam

@Leigh_C   The ATEM Mini works with GoToWebinar on a Macintosh, but does not currently work with Windows.