cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BooABja
Active Contributor

Quick poll in presenters language not English

Imagine my surprise as I browsed through an automatically recorded session the other day. The Quick poll window was not in English as are my settsing but...in German as the presenter sat in. Not a catastrophy this time but not good.

I of course want the "Quick poll" to be just that and not "Kurzumfrage" as it turned out now...I viewed my own recording from another laptop and that said Quick poll..

How do I control this?

13 REPLIES 13
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Quick poll in presenters language not English

Hi @BooABja ,

When you schedule each GoToWebinar, you may select the language setting (only one) for that specific event.

You should not see mixed languages at any time, as the system is supposed to use your preference for the entire webinar.  Did you copy this webinar from a prior event that you had scheduled in German perhaps?

BooABja
Active Contributor

However that is exactly what happened. I have English set as my GTW language and at my second computer via which I usually record each session using an external tool - the quick poll window was in English. BUT in the GTW automatic recording it was in German!

How do I avoid that?

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Was this a Webinar Now, Classic, or Webcast Webinar that you scheduled?

BooABja
Active Contributor

Hmm - I never change that setting so whatever is the default setting as in a regualr scheduled, one time webinar sent live with live presenters. The presenter in this case also handing out keyboard and mouse, other than that nothing extra ordinary.

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

The default behavior of GoToWebinar is to utilize your preferred language when you schedule a new event.  This should show attendee messages in the same language selected for the webinar, however they may also select a preferred language for their actual GoToWebinar control panel for live features such as Questions and Audio controls. 

The 'quick poll' reference may indicate this was a poll created in session by one of the GoToWebinar Organizers.  Although I'm unable to reproduce this behavior myself, see if you can go through the same process on your Presenting + Attending PCs to confirm all languages appear as expected.

BooABja
Active Contributor

To me this is a mystery. Me being the only organizer, with English as the preffered language. The presenter for sure not having been tampering with MY settings at least..although he was physically in Germany. The poll questions were made before even logging in/starting the webinar.

Please keep digging - next time it is a language few understand 🙂 or I will not be able to use the automatic recording which would be a shame.

IF I need to double check what settings a presenter have made - how/where do I do that (also when as when we have started the webinar (although not the broadcast of course))

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Do you have any other GoToWebinar recordings that display this type of behavior?

If you still have the local recording, could you check the languages shown in this version?

BooABja
Active Contributor

I have made one other automatic recording - me and one person in Sweden (given keyboard and mouse), one in Finland (being the presenter and giving keyboard and mouse) and one in Germany (given keyboard and mouse) and the poll window was in English..

In the "German" one the person in Germany was the presenter, I the organizer and a third person, also in Sweden, was given keyboard and mouse. In this session I also recorded via Screenflow and a second computer logged in as an attendee and that poll window was in English.

So odd! I would really not have to continue with a second comupter just in case..

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

If this was a one-time occurrence, then it may have been an isolated incident. 

Should you see behavior like this again with mixed languages beyond your local interface settings or GoToWebinar language setting, please let us know.