cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Recorded video starts from beginning when user joins in the middle of a broadcast

FYI - This is normal behaviour every time I show a video during a live webinar. 

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Recorded video starts from beginning when user joins in the middle of a broadcast

@Chris251 Please forward the affected emails to 'gotoservice@logmein.com' so we can take a look.

Highlighted
New Contributor

@AshC We too are having the same issue. I will direct message you more details.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Thanks, @MikeP1

I'm pushing to have this reexamined by our engineers, and the extra detail really helps us in recreating the failures.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Folks, did this ever get solved? I am seeing the same behavior right now. Not an acceptable user experience....and we're going live with this webinar this thursday to many hundreds of attendees! Assistance appreciated.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

This has been the norm, but I recently ran a GoToWebinar that started with ten minutes of live talking, then a 60 minute video, then 20 minutes of live question answering.

About 20 minutes into the video, my main computer locked up.  I had the webinar running as an Organizer on a second computer, and the video was just fine.

So I took my third computer and connected to the webinar as an Organizer, and it started in the middle of the video playback, at about the same time as the video on the second computer.

I rebooted the first computer, connected to the webinar, and the video started at about where it was on the other two computers.  The videos all ended about the same time on all three computers.

Does this mean the GoTo engineers have fixed this, or maybe were working on it at the time of my webinar last week?  Maybe this was because I was logged in as the same person as Organizer on multiple computers.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Strange. Can confirm i've seen similar behavior now too. Joined on another computer a live webinar where i was playing a 40 min video, separate email and user, and in that situation it played from middle (about where the video was at at time of joining). 

Totally confused. I got a message from Go2webinar folks indicating it should play from beginning as the feature is intended for short vids, but that makes zero sense as well during a live meeting. People should see what is happening (close to)live. Requiring attendees to "catch up" on videos makes zero user-experience sense (unless you provide it as an option for the webinar organizer to require video viewing of the entire thing).

Frustrating.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Same here. We have several complaints form our clients. We run a test on all platforms, Laptop, Ipad, Android etc.

We are running 30 minutes pre-recorded medical lecture starting at 5 pm, for instance, the attendees that join 5:15 pm will start watching the video from the beginning. The only way to have everyone on the same page is by pausing the video and play it again then the ones that were behind will jump to the current minute.

Is there any way to fix this glitch??