cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Registration limit and attendee limit are different?

I recently held a webinar, and my plan said I can register up to 1000 people, however, the actual ATTENDEE limit during the live webinar was limited to 100. I had about 200 register, and I am afraid that people were "turned away". Why set a registration limit to 1000 if only 100 can attend? Please help.

6 REPLIES 6
Respected Contributor

Re: Registration limit and attendee limit are different?

You can set the Registration limit to a lower number if you wish.  The Attendee limit is set by the product you purchased.

Many folks use GoToWebinar to market a product or service, and thus they have lots of people who might register, and do not show up for the webinar.  In this case, you need to set the registration limit to be much higher than the number who can actually attend.

You could set the registration limit to 100 if you think that all of those 100 will actually attend the webinar.

If you find over time that 10 percent of your registrants do not attend your webinars, you can set your registration limit to 110 and assume that 100 will attend the webinar.

New Contributor

My dilemma is I expect around 100-150 attendees. I do not want to spend on the next pay plan which is up to 500. 

Respected Contributor

Agreed. 

At  the end of 2018 we made the jump to the 500 Attendee plan, yet it is rare that we have webinars that have over 100 Attendees.

So far in 2019 we have hosted 71 webinars, of which only two have been over 100 attendees.  Our average attendance for our GoToWebinars is about 5 attendees.

GoTo now has a 250 attendee plan. You might want to look into that.  It's half the price of the 500 attendee plan. 

Here is the webpage with the details.

https://www.gotomeeting.com/webinar/pricingb

LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @CadcoLtd ,

The added registration capacity is in cases where organizations want to know about all interested parties, and can then schedule additional webinars to handle the remaining attendees.  If you do not want to allow additional regisrants, you may also change the registration limit to your specific webinar size.  In your case, you can schedule another webinar, and send out the registration link in the followup to absentees.

New Contributor

I'm sorry, but that doesn't seem logical to me. I don't want to have to "turn people away" simply because my software program only allows a tenth of the registrants to attend, and the next jump essentially DOUBLING my monthly costs. I am afraid people were turned away from my previous webinar. Said webinar was advertised and pushed very hard through various marketing platforms over a couple weeks timeframe, and to schedule another webinar to those who "were turned away" seems illogical. I will be looking at alternate routes.

Respected Contributor

Set your Registration limit to your Attendee limit and you should have no further problems.